The U.S. Beet Sugar Association (USBSA) is seeking applications for a part-time administrative assistant. The administrative assistant will provide administrative support to all staff and manage the office space of the U.S. Beet Sugar Association.
- Mange staff scheduling and calendars.
- Make travel arrangements as requested.
- Assist with in-person and virtual meetings.
- Handle day-to-day operations of the office (supplies, general repairs, etc.).
- Interface with office building management and vendors.
- Troubleshoot IT issues with off-site vendor.
- Handle mail.
- Deposit checks.
- 2 years of administrative experience, including internships or volunteer experiences
- Must be organized, detail-oriented
- Have critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work at an in-person office environment
- Capitol Hill or association experience a plus but not required
This part-time position is based in USBSA’s Washington, DC office at 50 F Street NW.
This position will pay $45 – $50 per hour. It is anticipated the hours will be up to 18 hours per week.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, send your resume to email@example.com.
About the U.S. Beet Sugar Association
USBSA works to advance the unified objectives of America’s sugarbeet cooperatives. The organization’s vision is to ensure a vibrant and sustainable beet sugar industry as a critical element of America’s economy. Members of USBSA are the nine manufacturers of beet sugar in the U.S., which operate 21 factories that process refined sugar from sugarbeets grown in 11 states. The U.S. beet sugar processing industry is 100% farmer-owned cooperative in structure, and every factory operates with organized union workers. The Association represents the industry before the legislative and executive branches of the federal government and monitors related activities in the nation’s capital.
Your application has been successfully submitted.