Broker/Cash Advisor & Associate
AgWest Commodities works with producers as their “Marketing Partner,” recognizing that while many are good at growing a crop or raising livestock, they still struggle with selling it. Expanding over the past 24 years, AgWest is proud to serve farmers and ranchers across the Midwest from 10 offices. They have been serving producers from the Beatrice office since 2010. Professionals with a high level of integrity are needed to keep up with the company’s ongoing growth. If you are a self-starting individual with the desire to help today’s ag producer, AgWest wants to meet you!
As a Broker/Cash Advisor you will actively seek out new customers while servicing your growing book of clients. You will spend time educating producers on the variety of marketing tools available including futures, options, and cash contracts. Helping your customers assess price risk, you will partner with them to create a customized marketing plan and execute that plan on their behalf. By providing the discipline and execution needed for a successful plan, you will help producers manage the emotions that come with selling the commodities they have worked so hard to produce.
As a Broker/Cash Advisor Associate you will support the team in their responsibilities maintaining client relationships, in addition to the opportunity for growth if desired in seeking out and managing your own book.
What You’ll Experience:
- Be part of a passionate company focused on putting the farmer first
- Team-based sales environment with a dedication to helping new Broker/Cash Advisors succeed
- You will be a part of our Emerging Broker Group where you’ll receive mentorship from experienced advisors with one-on-one training, group Zoom calls and in-person workshops
- Build long-term relationships with customers, becoming a vital part of their operation as represented by the company’s 90% average retention rate in the RPM program
- Serving as an active partner in your customers’ operations you will provide market-related updates via phone and regular on-farm visits
- Privately-owned business with Christian and family values
- High-integrity firm
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Minimum of 2 years proven sales experience within a team structure (Not required for an associate)
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Must be internally motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to obtain a Series 3 License for commodity brokers within 90 days of hire
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture industry knowledge and experience
- Understanding of commodity markets including local cash markets, contracts, and their correlation to futures prices in the process of managing risk
Full-time, in-person positions with benefits including Health and Dental Insurance, 401(k), PTO and paid holidays. Pay based on experience. To Apply: www.goagwest.com/careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
YOUR MARKETING PARTNER