Associate Sales Manager, Kemin Crop Technologies
Kemin Crop Technologies is seeking an Associate Sales Manager to continue growing market share for Kemin. This individual will focus on key accounts in Northern California and achieve consistent sales and gross margin growth per the yearly sales budget. The Sales Manager is also responsible for gathering business information, identifying market opportunities, and developing and maintaining relationships with customers in the commercial specialty agriculture and horticulture markets. This position will work remotely from the Northern California region of the US, traveling extensively throughout the region.
Kemin Crop Technologies is focused on providing innovative solutions to challenges faced in the commercial specialty agriculture and horticulture markets. Our vision is to be a valuable resource for growers looking for creative, environmentally friendly solutions to keep their operations healthy and profitable. As this is a growing venture, the role will evolve as the initiative develops, matures, and the product portfolio expands. Therefore, the ability to adapt and change over time with this role is a critical competency for any incumbent. More portfolio details: kemin.com/croptech
We Are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us.
We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century.
We are a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services.
For over half a century, Kemin has been dedicated to using applied science to address industry challenges and offer customers product solutions in more than 120 countries. Kemin provides ingredients to feed a growing population with its commitment to the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed, and health-related products to customers in more than 120 countries.
Established in 1961, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned-and-operated company with more than 2,800 global employees and operations in 90 countries, including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa, and the United States.
As a Kemin team member, you’ll receive…
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, a 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, a restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Ongoing learning opportunities- Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your career.
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with The World Food Program and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators- Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor's Stem Advisory Council, where we fund annual teacher's awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program and frequently host student tours.
- Achieve sales and gross margin goals as defined in the yearly budget.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise to communicate product value to the customer.
- Establish and grow strong relationships with key customers to promote product information and account planning and provide solution-based programs.
- Establish and grow strong relationships with industry partners and university collaborators.
- Provide technical support and product information to customers.
- Participate in technical seminars and trade shows that promote sales and create future business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of new developments within the industry, market trends, economic conditions and changes with competitors and their products.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on performance and development opportunities.
- Keep customer information up to date in the internal CRM program.
- Monitor and stay within the expense budget.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree. Preferred degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, or a comparable field of study or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of previous sales experience in the agriculture or horticulture industry.
- Must have and maintain an insurable driving record.
- Self-discipline and experience in achieving sales budgets.
- A solid understanding of the chemical and biological sciences to prepare and present detailed technical and commercial presentations to prospective customers.
- A high degree of energy, self-motivation, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Desired experience in managing sales projects to successful completion.
- Experience with expense management and developing and achieving sales budgets.
- Ability to develop and grow a customer base.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work closely with others in a team environment to help achieve overall business objectives.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- TRAVEL >75% in North American Northern California Region
More business details: kemin.com/croptech
Kemin is an equal-opportunity employer, and all reasonable accommodations will be considered.
A post-offer background check and drug screen are required. Additional pre-employment requirements may be necessary based on the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ingredients for a Sustainable Future.