Technical Services Manager - Dairy, Kemin Animal Nutrition & Health
Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health - North America is seeking a Technical Services Manager to focus on the dairy nutrition market. This position will report to the Ruminant Team Leader of Technical Services, Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health - North America.
The Technical Services Manager - Dairy is responsible for providing technical sales support to current and potential customers to demonstrate Kemin product effectiveness and establish long-term customer relationships. This position will be primarily dairy-focused and maintain the role of scientific expert that is viewed as a source of reliable information by the industry.
The territory will include all of the Midwest and Great Plains geography. The ideal candidate will live within and travel throughout the territory, including about 60% of travel.
We Are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us.
We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century.
We are a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services.
For over half a century, Kemin has been dedicated to using applied science to address industry challenges and offer customers product solutions in more than 120 countries. Kemin provides ingredients to feed a growing population with its commitment to the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed, and health-related products to customers in more than 120 countries.
Established in 1961, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned-and-operated company with more than 2,800 global employees and operations in 90 countries, including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
As a Kemin team member, you’ll receive…
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, a 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, a restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Ongoing learning opportunities- Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career.
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators- Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor's Stem Advisory Council, where we fund annual teacher's awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program and frequently host student tours.
- Represent Kemin professionally and knowledgeably, which assures Kemin's capabilities to customers.
- Work closely with Account and Product Managers to identify opportunities, establish goals and strategies, and implement actions to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the customer product evaluation process, including identifying evaluation criteria, designing protocols, initiating tests with customers, coordinating testing parameters, and reporting findings to customers in a confidential, standard format.
- Interface with the R&D department to identify and develop products that fit customer needs and Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health goals.
- Provide technical input in the identification of customer opportunities and in resolving customer/product technical problems.
- Ph.D. in Nutrition, Physiology, or related discipline or a DVM with an emphasis in dairy nutrition and management.
- 3+ years of experience in the animal agriculture/animal health industry.
- Strong understanding of dairy feed and management. Knowledge of feed additives and ingredients used by the industry in the U.S.
- Experience with amino acids and gut health
- Previous experience in a technical service role introducing new products and concepts to targeted customers and/or markets in conjunction with sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated success in working with a sales team and obtaining product sales through the effective use of technical services.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent people skills with the ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated to accomplish business and personal objectives.
- Strong analytical skills in applied research and commercial testing of products.
- Ability to recognize sales opportunities and determine the appropriate action in conjunction with Account Managers.
- Experience in marketing concepts and applications and implementing technical service market plans.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to achieve customer and product objectives, including R&D, Regulatory Affairs, and Marketing.
- Well organized and a practical planner in the use of resources while demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness as market needs dictate.
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications.
Kemin is an equal-opportunity employer, and all reasonable accommodations will be considered.
A post-offer background check and drug screen are required. Additional pre-employment requirements may be necessary based on the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ingredients for a Sustainable Future.