Managing Director Equity Investments
FBN Finance is looking to add a Managing Director of Equity Investments to co-lead - with our existing Managing Director - the management, fundraising, and investment strategy for its innovative Farmland Capital offering. The right individual will have deep experience in investments (real assets - ideally farmland, impact investing, private equity) and institutional capital raising. As with all roles at FBN, the individual will need to bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the role and to the team.
- Lead institutional (non-retail) fundraising for Farmland Capital. This is a first-of-its-kind equity investment product in farmland; analogous products in residential real estate have raised over $2B in financing
- Manage and close capital from a pipeline of institutional investors
- Management of related data requests and other investor relations duties (pending additional IR hire)
- Provide leadership on the Farmland Capital investment committee
- Manage and grow a team as Farmland Capital expands domestically and internationally
- Lead back end process and procedures including fund administration and investor reporting
- Drive alignment with internal and external stakeholders across legal, accounting, tax, human resources, and other necessary functional areas
- At least ten years of experience in some combination of investing and/or fundraising experience with a total of fifteen years experience
- Must have solid track record of raising funds from institutional investors
- Deep interest in generating environmental and social impact through farmland investments
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build rapport with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds including sophisticated investors, data scientists, farmers, marketers, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- High level of organization and an ability to prioritize and multitask in a target rich environment
- Skilled in influencing and motivating others
- Be ready to dive in. This is a startup - there is no job too big or too small. You’ll structure huge deals and be chasing down the data and details to get it done
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Advanced degree preferred especially MBA; Masters in Finance, Sustainability, or Ag-related field
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Proudly Farmers First