Sales Manager - Digital Ag Solutions
As a Sales Manager for Sentinel Fertigation, you will be responsible for building awareness of our digital solutions for fertigation management and putting beneficial technology in the hands of agronomists and their grower customers. N-Time™ Fertigation Management System (N-Time™ FMS) is our core solution. It is a web-based software platform that provides imagery-driven fertigation decision support and fertigation management tools. Sentinel Fertigation is a growing startup with an expectation for exceptional, above-and-beyond performance and delivery to our customers and end-users.
As the Sales Manager, it is your responsibility to identify operations that would benefit from the solution, demonstrate the value that it would bring to their operation, and put our technology in their hands. Active relationship building and collaboration with our customers and end-users will be critical to achieving this mission.
Because Sentinel Fertigation is growing and newly developing a sales team, you will have significant opportunity to influence sales development and collaborate with individuals across the Sentinel Fertigation team on solutions to customer needs. Join the team and help usher in the future of fertigation.
- Grow relationships with independent agronomists, agronomic services companies, retailers, and coops in the central great plains (NE, CO, KS) and beyond.
- Develop sales plans in collaboration with management and implementation teams
- Prospect for qualified leads in target geographies while maintaining relationships with current customers
- Work with customers to define their objectives and articulate the value of our solutions to meet those objectives
- Establish communication channels between customers and implementation team to ensure customer success
- Represent Sentinel Fertigation at relevant trade shows
- Contribute to customer training events offered by Sentinel Fertigation
- Gather information from current and potential customers regarding future needs and preferences
- Post-secondary degree in agronomy, agribusiness, precision agriculture, or other agricultural discipline
- Relationship oriented with a selfless mindset that puts farmer and agronomist users first
- Demonstrated independent self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience making presentations
- Familiarity with precision agriculture concepts and imagery use in agriculture (grid sampling, management zones, variable rate input prescriptions, informed crop scouting)
- Experience working with CRM platforms
- Experience in developing sales plans, prospecting, and working within defined sales processes
- Strong digital skills including proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneDrive, etc.)
- Personal vehicle for travel primarily to customers in the central great plains (NE, CO, KS)
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance and clean driving record
- Candidates living in NE, CO or KS are strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in sales at a company with an established and growing sales team
- Experience developing sales strategies, sales priorities, etc.
- Network in agronomy services, precision ag services, equipment dealership, and ag retail channels
- Working knowledge of irrigated corn production and corn nitrogen management practices
- Ideal candidates will be available to meet with the team in Lincoln bi-weekly.
Compensation, Benefits, and Schedule
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Family health insurance provided in full
- Remote available position with 40% of work hours spent out of home office.
- Flexible hours – it’s about getting the job done
- Financial and time support of efforts to enhance skillset
- Reimbursement of personal vehicle mileage at federal rate
- Entrepreneurial position with the opportunity to participate on the leadership team and influence company culture and trajectory
About Sentinel Fertigation
Founded in 2021, Sentinel Fertigation is a Lincoln, NE, ag tech startup revolutionizing fertigation management. Through the N-Time™ Fertigation Management System (N-Time™ FMS) platform. Sentinel turns images of the crop canopy into fertigation recommendations that increase nitrogen fertilizer use efficiency. Increased efficiency means an improved bottom line for farm operations and reduced risk of nitrogen loss to the environment. The technology behind Sentinel’s N-Time™ FMS platform was developed at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln and tested through rigorous on-farm research trials with cooperating farmers throughout Nebraska. Sentinel Fertigation garnered $1.2 million in pre-seed investment in Spring of 2022 and is completing an 8,000-acre paid pilot program including fields in both Nebraska and Kansas.
Sentinel Fertigation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
Sentinel Fertigation uses E-Verify.
Your application has been successfully submitted.