VP - Public Relations Director
Public Relations Director develops and executes public and media relations strategies to increase Rabo AgriFinance’s visibility and improve brand perception among U.S. farmers and ranchers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create, lead and execute public relations campaigns and projects
- Provide seasoned, senior executive-level public relations expertise on external and internal communications matters
- Write and edit press releases, media alerts, pitches, columns, articles and announcements for internal and external audiences
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source
- Experience working with analysts to facilitate research reports
- Serve as Rabo AgriFinance’s main point of contact for media
- Coordinate client, prospect and agricultural industry appearances, presentations and media engagements for RaboResearch analysts
- Fulfill media requests
- Maintain a calendar of events and activities for analysts
- Coordinate support of industry events/meetings/organizations
- Advance relationships with key agricultural associations
- Develop and maintain relationships with legacy/print and digital media outlets
- Pitch story ideas, columns and editorial concepts to trade and targeted media
- Lead media/spokesperson training for key market-facing employees and executives
- Monitor and report daily media pick up (RaboResearch, competitor analysis, industry news)
- Promote key media and analyst coverage internally through sales and support staff; leverage coverage to support marketing and communication, brand awareness and lead generation
- Cultivate and maintain an executive visibility campaign that aligns with social media strategy in collaboration with the marketing and communications team
- Update and enhance content to deliver engaging cross-platform digital content
- Maintain a crisis communications and business continuity strategy
- Set PR objectives with Field Marketing Managers
- Coach and interact with Field Marketing Managers to coordinate PR across territories;
- Support development of thought leadership on marketing plans
- Help develop PR/Media strategy to increase awareness in territories
- Works with Field Marketing Managers to ensure press releases for new hires and office openings within territory are handled in timely manner; may include writing
- Collaborate with Field Marketing Managers and SVP Marketing and Communications to identify best practices that positively impact brand value in the territories and share them to ensure quickest adoption of PR/marketing best practices organization-wide
- Contribute to the overall marketing and communication strategy and execution for RAF
- Garner positive media exposure for employee engagement initiatives and employee volunteer or cause-related activities
- Participate in weekly national marketing status meetings
- Maintain and comply with RAF corporate brand standards for image and identity, logos
- Interface with global public relations colleagues as key liaison between RAF marketing communication and global PR teams
- Draft speeches and arrange interviews for senior level executives
- Travel 3-5 business days per month, as needed
- Complete all mandatory training
- Comply with code of conduct and bank policies/procedures
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate RAF cultural practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, exhibited in creation of PR materials, internal messages and communications to staff, and interaction with Marketing Communication team, Territory Relationship Management, and all colleagues as well as external parties.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of stakeholders including news media, suppliers, communications and business vendors, customers, RAF Relationship Management Team members, senior executives and employees.
- Partners effectively with internal team members (colleagues and co-workers within Rabo AgriFinance and the Rabobank International network) and external team members (contractors, consultants, agencies, media, etc.) to achieve common goals.
Analytical Skills, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Planning & Organization
- Assesses situations from all relevant angles to derive business appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interpret data from market analysis and research.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standards may exist and critical thinking is needed for effective resolutions. Has effective organization skills and can manage a broad variety of tactics and activities using standard office tools, and can assess/set other organizational strategies most suited to the needs of the job.
- Guides and counsels internal clients toward effective solutions or initiatives that will achieve marketing communication goals effectively and on time. Provides supervision and project goals/management actions to other communications team members on specific tasks where relevant. Inspires confidence and support in other employees. Provides support to SVP Marketing and Communications.
- Plans and organizes own work, uses time effectively, sets appropriate priorities, anticipates internal clients’ and department’s needs. Flexible in responding to change and adaptive in goals, timeline and tactics in response to unexpected factors or issues.
- Able to perform task from start to finish and to find creative ways to accomplish task. Demonstrated professionalism in written and verbal work. Strong attention to detail in own work and that of other employees.
Marketing & Communications
- Strategic Marketing and Communications Planning
- Ability to assess marketing issues strategically, to capture and summarize the essence of the issues, and to create an effective plan to address the issue.
- Business-to-business marketing
- Ability to manage multiple external partners, vendors and support such as PR, marketing and communications, advertising, market research, event and other business vendors.
- Understand the value of brand positioning; the importance of building brand value and connecting that value with key prospects and customers; and the essentials of the marketing mix.
- Market research and analysis
- Ability to interpret data from knowing the market and finding out more about the market from Territory RMT interaction, marketing communication research, analysis, etc.
- Marketing communications execution
- Ability to develop, lead and handle execution of a Field Marketing Communications Tactical Plan, within established budget parameters.
- Outstanding communications skills including presentations, business correspondence and news releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or English) with 7 or more years of business experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel 3-5 business days per month.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Growing a Better World Together