Technical Sales Support Specialist - PNW
Technical Sales Support Specialist - Pacific Northwest - USA
AgBiome, a biotech company located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, partners with the microbial world to improve our planet. We develop innovative biological and trait products to enhance the global food production process and feed the world responsibly. We constantly challenge and curate the company culture to maximize happiness, innovation, and productivity. We are looking for research, development, and commercial leaders to help us realize our vision.
Our unique high trust, non-hierarchical, purposeful working environment emphasizes teamwork, open communication, and the ability to focus on common goals. We have repeatedly been named by Inc. Magazine as one of “The Best Places to Work.”
The Technical Sales Support Specialist is a valuable member of the organization and must have the vision, drive, creativity, technical knowledge, and interpersonal skills to succeed in meeting company objectives. This role will have accountability to the head of Technical Sales Support and will be responsible for supporting sales and marketing initiatives and portfolio growth. The ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in specialty crops and agronomy..
This position will be responsible for all technical elements of supporting the AgBiome portfolio in the region, support the sales team, build awareness and create demand for AgBiome products by working closely with customers and centers of influence.
- Commercial support.
- Communicate relevant technical data on AgBiome products to customers and growers.
- Provide technical training on existing and new products to support sales initiatives.
- Identify and work with influential growers, including establishment of product demonstration programs, use support, and complaint handling.
- Identify and work closely with key centers of influence (COIs), ensuring that AgBiome products are on relevant recommendation lists.
- Work closely with sales and marketing colleagues to identify opportunities, technical gaps in the commercial product line, and data needs.
- Be the technical point of contact for the region.
- Collaborate with the Regulatory department to update directions for use on product labels (Section 18, 2(ee), etc.
- Keep abreast of current trends, practices, developments, and regulatory changes and provide continuous feedback to the organization.
Education, Skills, Experience & Behaviors
- BS (Master's degree preferred) in agricultural life science, such as plant pathology, entomology, nematology, horticulture, or agronomy. Equivalent experience as a pest control or crop advisor, or in technical sales.
- Agronomic knowledge of specialty crops within the region.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, interact and influence others, such as sales, marketing, customers and end-users.
- Strong collaboration kills with sales and marketing to ensure effective transfer of product knowledge as products move from development to commercialization.
- Aligned with our core values of creating simplicity, working with passion, getting things done and pursuing unselfish goals.
- Must be self-driven, produce results in a timely manner, and stay within the approved budget.
Travel approximately 35 to 50 percent, depending the time of the year
Location - Pacific Northwest, preferably Washington State or Oregon
Principals only; we are not sponsoring Visas at this time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Improving the world through microbial solutions!