Insect Control Technical Lead
AgBiome is seeking a highly-motivated and forward-thinking Insect Control (IC) Technical Lead with 10+ years relevant entomological experience with exceptional technical and interpersonal skills to work in a dynamic environment. The IC Technical Lead will play a pivotal role in providing deep expertise in the field, technical design, and the delivery of new Biologicals for development. The IC Technical Lead will work closely with the biologicals and trait Program Leads, the screening team, project managers and multiple interdisciplinary teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Insect Control Program leaders on the development of the insect control strategy in AgBiome.
- Responsible for the execution of the strategy for the Insect Control Program, working closely with project leads and screening teams.
- Ensure projects are prioritized within the program as needed.
- Work collaboratively with project teams on the design and implementation of technical approaches for the discovery of insect control leads.
- Provide and ensure scientific excellence standards are being met within the Insect Control Program.
- Work with project leaders on meeting all project and operational commitments, including deliverables and timelines.
- Provide expertise in the development of Insect Control solutions via chemistry, biologicals and/or traits.
- Identify new technology in the area of entomology.
- Provide technical coaching and mentorship to technical teams.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years industry experience, PhD preferred
- Degree in Entomology, Toxicology, or related field
- Strong understanding of insect biology, physiology and insect behavior.
- Strong working knowledge of insecticide development approaches, modes of action and insect resistance management practices.
- Experience working with microbial-based insecticides and/or insect control traits is preferred
- Experience in the discovery and/or development of commercial products in the area of insect control
- Proven experience conceptualizing, establishing and running screening platforms for the discovery of biological or trait leads.
- Highly organized with strong prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal interaction skill and ability to work in a matrix setting
- Recognized influence in insect control, entomology or related scientific communities.
- High emotional intelligence and well-developed conflict management skills
- Strong work ethic and diligence to deliver tangible outcomes
- Strong personal commitment to professional development
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated training/mentoring experience
Principals only (no agency outreach); COVID 19 vaccine required prior to start; currently not providing sponsorship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Improving the world through microbial solutions!