Molecular Biologist Technical Lead
Molecular Biologist Technical Lead
AgBiome is a biotechnology company using new knowledge of the plant-associated microbiome to create innovative products for agriculture and life sciences. We employ approximately 100 employees and occupy a state-of-the-art facility (office, labs, greenhouse) in Research Triangle Park in Durham, NC.
We are seeking highly motivated and experienced Molecular Biologist to join the Traits Program in Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC. The Traits Program is a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to working collaboratively with internal teams and external partners to enable and advance pipeline projects across diverse pest targets. As an integral member of the group, the successful candidate will make significant contributions to discovery, selection and evaluation of genes and constructs, and to implement novel molecular tools and technologies.
The Molecular Biologist will lead the conceptualization, development, implementation and execution of the experimental plans required to meet AgBiome’s goals for evaluation of gene performance against target pests, design ways to express genes in bacterial and plant systems and their development into trait products. Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Work with the Trait Program leader on the development of the pest control strategies.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the strategies for the Trait Program, working closely with project, program and technical leads and teams.
- Ensure projects and tasks are prioritized as needed and all commitment, milestones and deliverables are met
- Foster and exemplify collaboration with team members on the planning, design, and implementation of technical solutions to existing problems, and develop workflow improvements for the traits discovery pipeline.
- Implement and act as a model of scientific excellence standards in the Traits Program.
- Continuously assess opportunities for improvements and implement changes in collaboration with other technical leads and the program lead.
- Regularly communicate research outcomes within the traits program, research department and external partners.
- Identify, propose, evaluate and implement new technologies in the area of traits and molecular biology.
- Provide technical coaching and mentorship to technical teams on an ongoing and consistent basis.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years industry experience, PhD preferred, with an advanced degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry, protein analysis, mode of action and discovery pipelines.
- Experience working with microbial-based insecticides and/or insect control traits is preferred
- Experience in the discovery and/or development of commercial crop trait products
- Proven experience conceptualizing, establishing and running discovery platforms for biologicals or traits.
- Strategic thinker
- Highly organized with strong prioritization skills
- Experience leading change in organizations and/or teams
- Strong interpersonal interaction skill and ability to work in a matrix setting
- High emotional intelligence and well-developed conflict management skills
- Strong work ethic and diligence to deliver tangible outcomes
- Strong commitment to professional development (self and others)
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated training and mentoring experience
Principals only please. COVID Vaccination required for employment. AgBiome will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this role, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Improving the world through microbial solutions!