Here’s your chance to become a voice for agriculture’s most dynamic and versatile daily online publication.
AGDAILY.com is hiring a full-time staff writer to source, research, craft, and publish content that matters to today’s farmers and ranchers. The candidate should have good news judgment and should be able to work independently to cover agriculture’s latest news in a timely manner.
We are looking for a writer who can write interesting, informative, and accurate articles, along with catchy headlines, with a quick turnaround. Strong photography skills and a distinct social media voice are assets. The candidate should be able to conduct interviews with sources, identify story angles, and pitch timely feature stories to bolster their coverage of the daily news.
This is a job for someone who loves farming and rural living -- but most of all appreciates the people who make up those communities. Agriculture is an innovative and forward-looking industry, and our staff writer needs to have a fascination and curiosity for all aspects of modern agriculture and the science behind it.
Additionally, farmers are on the go -- a lot -- and versatility is important to staying on top of the industry’s most timely issues. As a digital-only publication, being nimble is part of who we are.
The staff writer will work remotely and may travel a few times a year to agricultural shows, conventions, and other events. AGDAILY offers a full benefits package. Deadline to apply is May 10, 2022.
· Generate 5-8 original content pieces on relevant agricultural and rural lifestyle topics per day -- including breaking news items, feature stories, content from social media, tips, videos, lifestyle coverage, all per the direction of the Managing Editor
· Work with stakeholders to grow AGDAILY’s content platform
· Maintain digital content publishing standards for AGDAILY, including but not limited to headline and title copy, photo, video, infographics, and data visualizations, sourcing, and citations, SEO best practices, and on-site discovery methodology
- Help brainstorm big-picture ideas to advance site traffic and brand awareness
· Travel to occasional agricultural shows and events, for breaking news, ongoing coverage, and professional growth
· Assist in managing AGDAILY’s dynamic social media channels
· Help to come up with ideas for timely original stories, topics, and research to report to the Managing Editor
· Consistent and professional editorial ability following the company’s editorial standards
· Strong communication skills -- a creative writer, with an exceptional attention to detail
· Experience in a digitally-savvy content role in the agricultural industry or similar category preferred
· 1-3 years of college or post-college experience in related role(s)
· Ability to write social-media-friendly and SEO-friendly headlines
· A deep knowledge and passion for agriculture and all aspects of rural lifestyle
· Ability to work on deadline
· Familiarity with WordPress CMS preferred
· Familiarity with Google Analytics preferred
· Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter platforms preferred
· Familiarity with Associated Press style preferred
· A bachelor’s degree in an agricultural field, communications, English, or a related field, or relevant college publication experience
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected ground or social area according to Human Rights laws.
AGDAILY is part of Carbon Media Group and a subsidiary of VerticalScope USA, Inc.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Managing Editor Ryan Tipps, email@example.com.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated and ad hoc projects to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you require disability-related accommodation during the application, recruitment, and interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to make all possible adjustments to suit your needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AGDAILY is the information superhighway for your country road.