Agricultural Marketing - Account Executive
BLNKPG is a marketing agency focused on agriculture clients, located in downtown Indianapolis. We are seeking an account executive to work with our account management team on client efforts. The account executive will be asked to participate in client meetings, and will engage with team members on developing and executing client work on a regular basis.
YAWN. For cripes sake, we work at an advertising agency, we write snazzy copy every day. You’d think we could do better on a job description… So, here goes.
WHY DO WE WANT YOU TO WORK HERE?
We’re growing, and frankly, if we don’t have another person to share the copywriting responsibilities with we’re going to keep writing things like this. If you’re the kind of person that understands that the job isn’t done till it’s done and has a competitive personality that makes most other people uneasy, then you’re our kind of people. We’re looking for someone that shows up on time, loves the statement, ‘I have an idea’ and can look directly in a client’s face, nod and smile while having a full duck-under-water moment. If you like the challenge, appreciate a laugh and a libation with coworkers and understand that alliteration really does make a difference in other’s lives, then we want you to join our team. Also, bonus points if you have a, ‘one time, the cows got out…’ story.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK HERE?
Again, we’ve been growing fast, which we think means that our clients like us? We’ve got a perfect mix of start-up, small agency chutzpah with been-there, done-that agency life lessons. We’ve got a niche, we believe in it and we’re dedicated to growing smartly within it. We believe in working hard, celebrating successes and supporting each other. We find skills and hone them, we find weaknesses and challenge them. We enjoy what we do. Not from 9-5, but every day, pretty much all day. We don’t have a ping pong table. We don’t have an expensive coffee machine. But we do have free caffeine, a kegerator and unlimited work to do.
You either read that and said, ‘these are my kind of people.’
Or, you read it and said, ‘I don’t get it.’
If you are the former - send us a pigeon.
If you’re the latter - I think there’s a next button around here somewhere…
WHAT WE THINK MAKES A GOOD ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, IN BULLETS:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day client service and support
- Assist in leading team brainstorming and strategy sessions
- Copywrite collateral, press releases, social posts, media outreach, etc.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans: social, direct mail, email, media, etc.
- Provide assigned project oversight, including proofreading, routing, spec sheet creation, etc.
- Manage relationships with media partners, event planners, etc., as needed
- Create and assess metric reports for goal achievement
- Track project status, budgets, scope and timelines on a regular basis
- Communicate client needs to other team members effectively (creative, media, digital, project management, account management)
- Delegate responsibility to other team members, as appropriate
- Learn project-tracking system and manage project workflow
WHAT WE KNOW MAKES A GOOD ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, IN BULLETS:
- 3-5 years experience in marketing or communications field
- College or university graduate - business, communications, marketing, technical, or agricultural degrees preferred
- Background in agriculture ideal, but not required
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Ability to manage changing priorities, and use time effectively
- Track record of setting goals and measuring success metrics
- Experience in customer-facing communications; comfort utilizing phone, email and face-to-face communication
- Understanding of marketing agency dynamic preferred, not required
- Organized, detail-oriented problem-solver
- Ability to assess strategic needs, outline solutions and execute
- Creative, innovative thinker
- High verbal and written communication skills - copywriting examples ideal
- Willingness to learn new subject matter on a regular basis
- Social media and digital savvy
- Some travel may be required
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A blank page is the best place to start