Senior Product Manager, Sustainability
This job is no longer accepting applications.
John Deere's mission is that our customers are the world's most profitable and sustainable farmers. Within John Deere, the Sustainability Solutions team was formed just over a year ago and has quickly launched three pilots. Our team has doubled in size in the last year, and we're looking for our third product hire to come in and accelerate customer discovery & product delivery.
If you want to tackle hard technical problems alongside excellent people and make the world better, we want to work with you!
As a Senior Product Manager for the Sustainability Solutions team, you will define & execute our product strategy. You will own customer discovery, deliver software products to farmers, and iterate quickly in order to achieve product-market fit. An ideal candidate can handle ambiguity well, make "no regrets" decisions quickly with Data Science, Design & Engineering, and can guide 3P relationships with key partners. As part of this, you will:
- Craft & own the vision, strategy & roadmap to help farmers reduce their carbon emissions & increase their profitability
- Own the voice of the customer through direct interaction with farmers and dealers, as well as by deriving leverage from colleagues in Production Systems, Sales, and Marketing
- Partner with the broader cross-functional team, including other PMs, Engineering, Data Science, Design, Agronomy, & Program Management to build and launch successful software products
- Navigate ambiguity and make trade-offs to ensure products fail rapidly or are pushed to full deployment
What Skills You Need
- 4+ years in software product management, or similar roles
- Track record of impactful software product delivery in an environment with many stakeholders
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial approach - launch early & scrappy products, learn, iterate, and scale
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills – able to distill complex problems into component parts and develop a path forward
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
What Makes You Stand Out
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience in agriculture
- Experience with sustainability
- Experience working at the intersection of hardware and software technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Agriculture, or similar
Don’t meet every requirement but still interested? Please apply – we are growing quickly and eager to find more smart, motivated people to join the team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.