Livestock Project Success Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
To apply, please send your resume and answers to some or all of the following questions to email@example.com:
Tell us about a time that you worked closely with livestock or a livestock producer.
- What were you working on together?
- What strategies did you use to ensure effective communication?
- Was your work together a success?
- Why or why not? What did you learn from the experience?
Symbrosia has developed a natural seaweed feed additive made from the red seaweed Asparagopsis taxiformis that reduces livestock methane emissions by 80%+. Called “the seaweed that could save the planet” by The Verge, Forbes, and The Washington Post, our product is setting a new standard in the US beef, dairy, and apparel industries by enabling the creation of the world’s most sustainable animal products. Symbrosia breeds and cultivates fast-growing seaweed strains and develops them into high-value products. This customer-first approach boosts margins, creates products for both ranchers and other algae growers, and is laying the groundwork for a global industry around seaweed for livestock methane reduction. Symbrosia is scaling production rapidly and partnering with researchers, ranchers, distributors, and brands to build supply chains that reward producers for producing low-methane animal products.
One of our core beliefs is that we need to deeply understand the work of our ranching partners so that we can add as much value to them as possible. We want the ranchers who use our product to have more profitable and sustainable operations than ever before. We want insights from the ranchers we serve to inform our actions as a company. We want to work hand in hand with ranchers to create the most valuable feed additive that has ever existed.
About The Role
Symbrosia is seeking an individual with expertise in ruminant livestock production, strong communication skills, the flexibility to travel, and a strong desire to scale sustainable agriculture practices.
As Symbrosia’s first Livestock Project Success Manager, you will work directly with the world’s most innovative livestock producers to bring our seaweed feed additive to their operations. You will design cutting-edge, in-field A. taxiformis implementation pilots. You will then work closely with our partners to execute these pilots, certify methane reduction, collect and analyze results, and determine the best way to scale our product to serve their entire herds on an ongoing basis.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with producers to design innovative, value-add methane reduction programs and drive product development at a fast-growing startup. Your work will bring Symbrosia’s product to early adopters, determine Symbrosia’s path to market, and push the entire field of livestock methane reduction forward. This role will start April 2022.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Design and manage implementation projects using Symbrosia’s seaweed feed additive on livestock operations
- Develop tools and models to support certification of carbon reduction on farm
- Act as a resource for internal and external stakeholders on the use of feed additives in enteric methane reduction
- Assess quality and success of implementations to improve design and methodologies of product roll-out
- Screen potential customers for technology and mission alignment using a combination of operational metrics, supply chain knowledge, and carbon certification potential
- Help partners execute commercial pilots with Symbrosia’s seaweed feed additive - educate on product delivery, trial setup, and methane data collection
- Gather insights from customers and partners in the field to inform ongoing product development
- Manage stakeholders throughout the animal products supply chain who are involved in realizing the value of low-methane animal products
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Familiarity or working experience in the livestock industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel - you will travel to work with our producer partners throughout the Western United States
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills, as well as the ability to interact and collaborate successfully with colleagues
- Motivated by climate action. Our product serves as a tool for reducing global greenhouse gas emissions. We want to build a team that is motivated by this value.
- Academic research experience with livestock is a major plus
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- 3 weeks PTO
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender-neutral) including adoption
- Flexible work environment - work from anywhere with good WiFi that suits your lifestyle!
- Success at Symbrosia is directly correlated to global greenhouse gas emission reductions
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Partnering with producers to use the world's mightiest seaweed to create the world's most sustainable animal products