Cattle Procurement Management Trainee
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position: Cattle Procurement Management Trainee
Location: Hermiston, OR
Travel: Extensive Travel Will be Required
Experience/Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Business-related field is preferred.
Position Overview: This person will work closely with the Beef Northwest Procurement team to support and coordinate outside supply chain operations. As a management trainee you will receive extensive mentoring and training on feedyard activates, cattle marketing, risk management and procurement strategies from the Director of Procurement. This is a 12 month+ trainee program designed to prepare the right candidate for a management position with Beef Northwest Procurement Team.
The Right Candidate Will Have:
- Personable with good customer service skills, the ability to network and build relationships
- Commitment to a 12+ month long program, and long-term management track
- Ability to be a team player and work collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, etc.), and modern IS solutions in ag systems
- Strong organization skills and keen eye for detail
- Dedication and Passion for the Beef Industry
- Ability to function in high- pressure and rapid situations
- Willingness to get dirty, work in tough weather conditions outside, put in long hours, and be responsible for multiple stakeholders’ success.
This position will be based out of a BNW Feedyard in the Hermiston Oregon area. The first 6 – 12 months, most duties will be focused on understanding feedyard activities and how feeder cattle procurement interacts with the yard and feedyard personnel.
- Position reports directly to the Feedyard General Manager
- Receiving and coordinating the receiving process of all feeder cattle into the Feedyard.
- Communicating to Procurement all relevant information of incoming cattle
- Classifying cattle by backgrounds, weights, types, and genders to build lots of like in cattle that will maximize Feedyard efficiencies and cattle performance
- Coordinate information to the cattle manager for building processing regime’s
- Cross train and understand the major moving parts within the feedyard
- As skill sets increase, begin to travel to grow yard and grass operations.
- Coordinate with outside growers on operational concerns
- Coordinate deliveries into and out of grower’s facilities
- Communicate with Director of Procurement, Consulting Nutritionists, Consulting Veterinarians
- Generate regular reports on status of grower activities.
- Begin to learn basic cattle buying principles, and the business impacts of feeder cattle procurement
Compensation: Aggressive competitive compensation program including Salary (depending on experience), Annual Incentive Bonus Program, Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, and 401k Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Beef Northwest Feeders