Technical Service Representative - Pacific Northwest
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Technical Service Representative - Pacific Northwest - USA
AgBiome® is a revolutionary agricultural biotech company headquartered in Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC. We use new knowledge of the plant-associated microbiome to create innovative products for agriculture and life sciences. We are currently focused on being the leader in discovering and developing new biologicals, traits, and chemicals for the production of crops from insects, fungi, weeds, and nematodes. We aim to decrease risk and improve yield to feed our growing world population.
An intense focus on productivity, quality, and participation is essential. Personal leadership coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical within our culture. Our unique non-hierarchical and self-managed working environment emphasizes teamwork and the ability to focus on common goals. We have repeatedly been named by Inc. Magazine as one of “The Best Places to Work,”
The Technical Service Representative is a valuable member of the organization and must have the vision, drive, creativity, technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to succeed in meeting company objectives. This role will have accountability to the Head of Technical Services/Field Biology and will be responsible for supporting sales and marketing initiatives and portfolio growth. This position requires a broad understanding of the AgBiome business model and technical skills to support company objectives. The ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in specialty crops, agronomy, horticulture and pest control, preferably with biological fungicides and significant experience providing technical expertise to growers.
This position will be responsible for all technical elements (labels, product use directions, technical positioning, recommendations, training materials and technical positioning) of AgBiome products in the region. The Technical Service Representative will support the Sales team and build awareness and support for AgBiome products by working closely with Growers, Grower and Commodity Groups, Key Customers and University Experts.
Sales and Marketing Support
● Communicate relevant technical data on AgBiome products to customers and growers. Provide technical training and collateral on existing and new products to support sales initiatives.
● Provide technical expertise to differentiate AgBiome products in the market.
● Identify and work with influential growers, including establishment of product demonstration programs, use support, and complaint handling within the region, working closely with the AgBiome sales team.
● Identify and work closely with key centers of influence (COIs), including consultants, commodity groups, and Universities to create awareness of and pull-through of AgBiome’s product line. Includes ensuring that AgBiome products are on relevant recommendation lists.
● Establish and manage University trial programs in the region to support above initiatives.
● Organize and participate in field days, regional meetings and one-on-one consultations with key influencers.
● Work with Sales and Marketing colleagues to identify opportunities, technical gaps in the commercial product line and data needs.
● Provide input on emerging technologies to enhance the product portfolio.
● Provide expertise to Marketing, R&D and Registration teams on product development, product positioning, and product labeling initiatives to ensure the best use of AgBiome products.
Ongoing Product Support
● Work with the Regulatory department to update directions for use on product labels as prioritized by the business.
● Secure justifications and assist Regulatory in securing product FIFRA section 18, FIFRA 2(ee) recommendations and 24(c) state labels.
● Interact with the Regulatory department and state regulators on issues which arise during the evaluation process of product labels and registrations.
Business Development and Planning
● Participation in industry initiatives, trade organization and grower groups to keep abreast of the changes in the marketplace that could present a competitive risk or competitive opportunity forAgBiome products
● Encourage "best-practice" sharing through the participation and promotion of meetings, newsletters, knowledge sharing tools and all other initiatives liaising on a world-wide basis
● Ensure that technical "know-how" within the technical service team is shared and constantly increasing
● Keep abreast of current trends, practices, developments, and regulatory changes, which would impact AgBiome products.
● Provide continuous feedback to improve the internal development process in order to optimize the product commercialization timeline.
● Support ideation efforts within the region to support the development of the AgBiome pipeline
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Improving the world through microbial solutions!