Associate Director, Global Market Research & Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are seeking a motivated, collaborative and customer-centric Associate Director, Global Market Research & Analytics to be responsible for the development and execution of the market research and analytics plan across the AgroFresh portfolio of solutions. This person serves as key advocate for our customers and their needs, working in close collaboration across disciplines within the AgroFresh organization.
AgroFresh is an AgTech innovator and global leader with a mission to prevent food loss/waste and conserve the planet’s resources by providing a range of science-based solutions, digital technologies, and high-touch customer services. AgroFresh supports growers, packers, and retailers with solutions across the food supply chain to enhance the quality and extend the shelf life of fresh produce. The AgroFresh organization has 40 years of post-harvest experience across a broad range of crops, including apples, citrus, avocados, and mangoes.
Lead the planning and execution of all global primary and secondary market research, competitive intelligence, and analytics for pipeline and in-line brands. Translate insights into strategic implications and clear, actionable recommendations for key internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate expertise in both secondary data analysis and primary research insight generation, along with the ability to “connect the dots” across multiple datasets.
- Integrate market research, customer insights, and data insights to build a holistic understanding of market dynamics, deep customer understanding, impactful marketing levers, and brand performance to shape and grow AgroFresh’s portfolio of offerings.
- Present complex issues, learnings, and actionable recommendations clearly to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Champion the usage of new methodologies and innovative data solutions.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders in Regional Marketing, Global Product Management, Commercial, R&D and BD.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships and selection process.
- Own the market research budget, seeking ways to maximize return on research investments.
- Support New Product Discovery & Go-to-Market-Readiness: Plan and execute market research projects necessary to guide new idea generation and new product launches: customer needs, white space discovery, opportunity sizing, brand positioning, pricing, and go-to-market.
- Understand The Market: Continuously monitor global market trends, macro dynamics, emerging disease areas, multichannel communication, and competitive intelligence. Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders.
- Enable Brand Planning Through Insight: Partner with regional marketing teams and global marketing director to develop situational analysis, strategic implications, and learning plans for annual Brand Planning by leveraging and integrating relevant learnings from yearly insight-generating activities.
- Track Marketing Activity Performance: Develop and track marketing activity impact at the brand level.
- 8+ years in market research (primary and secondary market research), analytics, forecasting support, competitive intelligence, etc. required
- Education Bachelor's Degree required, (MBA a plus) in business or marketing.
- Experience in agriculture, life sciences, animal health, food chain, or CPG a plus
- Global Experience working across multiple regions in global teams
- Demonstrated skills in strategic, analytical, complex problem-solving and storytelling with the ability to action on insights
- Ability to Lead with Influence leveraging skills in consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for decision-making and business impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects within budget and timeframes and cross-functional/matrix teams
- Commitment to excellence - both in results achieved and how they are achieved
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong collaboration/relationship-building skills
- Travel Ability to travel up to 20%
Some of the Perks of Working at AgroFresh:
- Employees are offered a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision plans, HSA & FSA options, supplemental insurance options, and more.
- Employer-paid life & disability insurances
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick time, and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We Grow Confidence