Content Specialist - Livestock
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sets client content strategy and develops content for use in various channels, including but not limited to email, media, newsletters, sales collateral and websites.
HOW WE GET IT DONE:
Content Strategist – 30%
- Works with internal team to understand client business goals, develop strategic marketing plans and lead client content strategy
- Ensures every piece of content delivers on client business goals
- Knows the client’s target audience(s), including their characteristics and behaviors, and how best to communicate with them
- Understands how to adapt messaging by customer journey stage
- Drives client growth by proactively bringing forward content opportunities and making strong recommendations
- Stays updated on content and media relations trends and functions
- Develops core messaging around key products and programs
Content Creator – 60%
- Develops content based on goals, objectives, audience/buyer persona, channel and desired customer actions
- Collaborates with clients (including client technical experts, sales teams and customers) and internal teams to develop content
- Ensures all content is on-brand and consistent in style, quality and tone/voice
- Writes and revises content for ideal user experience across different channels, including optimizing for readability and search performance online
- Verifies facts, names, dates, statistics and more using available references
- Uses self-editing skills, as well as available tools, to proof content and correct errors in grammar, style, spelling and punctuation
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients, client customers, industry experts and key industry editors and influencers
- Keeps up on client industry trends, market conditions and relevant research
- Maintains and grows media contacts and client-specific media distribution lists
- Identifies and takes advantage of media opportunities for clients
- Develops and maintains client content calendars, content inventories and keyword research lists to inform content plans
- Works closely with the client lead and other internal team members to ensure cohesion, collaboration and communication across efforts
Content Analyst – 10%
- Sets and measures content KPIs, continuously evaluating performance
- Formulates and communicates strong recommendations based on performance
- Uses content metrics and insights to tell a story about campaign performance
- Adapts and refines messaging to deliver highest client impact
- Displays in-depth understanding of content channels and marketing, including but not limited to email, media, newsletters, sales collateral and websites
- Familiarity with writing for advertising, technical bulletins, radio and video
- Demonstrates exceptional writing skills, with the ability to craft compelling stories in every channel
- Proficient at self-editing, including editing for tone/voice, grammar, AP style, brand style, industry terminology and more
- Skilled in adjusting messaging based on target audience
- Able to take constructive feedback and apply it to make a better final product
- Capable of simplifying highly technical, complex information as well as building out simple concepts with research and data
- Adept at managing time, budgets and deadlines
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with a customer-service mindset
- Livestock experience is a plus, including experience with dairy, swine, beef, sheep or poultry
Specific content skills:
- Article writing
- Email writing
- Media relations
- Research and data analysis
- Scriptwriting (audio/video)
- Visual storytelling
- I believe there are no random acts of content.
- I believe in the power of content to shift customer mindsets.
- I believe there’s always a story to tell and a new way to tell it.
- I put on the audience’s shoes and empathize with my reader’s needs.
- I believe each content channel is unique and I adapt messaging to fit.
- Content is everywhere, and I’m always hungry to learn more.
- I’m a stickler for quality and not satisfied with average.
- I strive to make each piece of content better than the last.
- I look in front of me – always proactive and planning ahead.
· Office based; Madison, Wisconsin (Delafield, Wisconsin an alternative)
· Willingness and ability to travel periodically for client needs and industry activities
· Applicants will be considered for positions based on qualifications and ability to perform the job they are applying for without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description, care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Animals and Agriculture: We Live It