Director of Development, College of Agriculture
- Develop and execute a plan to bring donors to the College and the University through active use of the development process, including solicitation of major gifts.
- Secure major and planned gifts aimed at meeting the strategic goals of the College’s leadership, its programs, disciplines, and the University, with an expectation of raising a minimum of $1M gifts annually.
- Responsible for making a minimum of 25 asks annually with donors and prospects.
- In consultation with the Chief Development Officer, the Dean, and the Associate Vice President for Development, identify and establish personal contact with current and prospective major and/or planned gift donors whose interest and financial capacity have the greatest likelihood of meeting the College and University’s fundraising goals.
- Orchestrate and execute the advancement of relationships with prospective donors through appropriate stages of qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Collaborate and build working relationships with advancement colleagues, the College’s academic leadership and staff to optimize desirable returns.
- Manage goals and targeted objectives to effectively advance toward successful solicitation of major and/or planned gifts.
- Coordinate, host, and/or participate in College/University/Development-related programs/activities and create supportive material/information, as needed.
- Become familiar with and understand key initiatives of the College and University.
- Ensure effective records maintenance, including timely filing of requests for prospect assignments, prospect strategies and contact reports, using Purdue University’s prospect management system.
- Report regularly on the progress toward the Unit’s annual action plan.
- Become adept at using the University’s Salesforce CRM, software and programs in support of major gift discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to articulate the mission of Purdue University and Purdue Research Foundation as needed.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to use good judgment, diplomacy, maintain confidentiality and represent the University with tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Possess initiative and the ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent relationship building and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must have strong problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Desire to continuously improve professional competency through participation in professional development opportunities.
- Ability to travel and perform evening and weekend duties as required.
- Knowledge of Advance CS, Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite.
- Regular and reliable attendance are requirements of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of experience in fund development including solicitation of major gifts and/or related work experience required.
- Experience in higher education or other non-profit organizations a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with the programs of the College of Agriculture desired, but not required.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to begin the process: https://www.applyatprf.com.The application deadline is Friday, February 4, 2022.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
Your application has been successfully submitted.