Enterprise Account Manager - Agriculture
Descartes Labs is a geospatial intelligence company with science and technology at its core. Launching out of Los Alamos National Laboratory in 2014, we build models of the earth to power the analysis of the world's largest physical systems. Our data science and software solutions create new sources of operational advantage for Agriculture, Consumer Packaged Goods, Mining, and Government.
Descartes Labs is proud to be a remote-first, deliberately distributed organization that recognizes that people have different needs and motivations for building a life and career that matters and works for them. For this reason, we are open to our employees working from any location, in a way that enhances their well-being, productivity, and role. We focus on helping our employees produce positive outcomes and we recognize that the path to getting there will look different for different people.
As an Enterprise Account Manager, you will manage existing relationships to ensure customers are realizing value from our technology, expanding the account to grow revenue. You will develop a co-owned vision that will help the customer execute against their transformation efforts, and financial goals. You will drive customer adoption by collaborating with internal teams, making sure that we execute on all facets in order to achieve account vision and growth. You will own the full up-sell and cross-sell process (contracting, pricing, etc.) - identifying, managing and closing large-scale deals and ensuring customer renewals, in order to drive in-account growth and team revenue targets.
- Achieve revenue targets by growing accounts, identifying and driving expansion opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers in your assigned vertical(s), from end users through to executive sponsors, ensuring they have a consistent, best-in-class experience in every interaction
- Develop a high level of knowledge and understanding of geospatial analytics, sustainability, and your assigned vertical
- Drive adoption by demonstrating how the customer can anticipate opportunities or tackle challenges related to their business and realize value from our technology
- Advocate for product features and improvements as the voice of the customer and work cross-functionally with product and engineering to champion change
What You Bring
- Strategic account planning and management - can identify and build out a strategic engagement with a customer, considering the customer and Descartes Labs’ short term and long term goals
- A strong customer focus and a demonstrated desire to proactively help and serve customers to meet their needs, as well as the ability to build relationships across an organization, particularly with executive sponsors
- Experience scoping and/or selling complex solutions to enterprise and strategic customers
- Consistent achievement of revenue targets through expansion or upsell of customers, creating strong engagement and adoption of our technology
- Ability to collaborate across functions and facilitate discussions in order to achieve desired results
- Open communication and the ability to clearly convey thoughts in order to build credibility and communicate value of the product
- Negotiation and the ability to obtain commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Perseverance and a refusal to give-up, approaching everything you do with energy and drive
- An organized and logical approach to solving complex problems, with the ability to look beyond the obvious and understand root causes
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egoes are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and paid time off
You belong here! Nobody checks every box and if your experience and interests match some of the above, we want you to apply.
Descartes Labs is committed to building a diverse community, where employees feel they belong, even if they are different. Scientific discovery is in our DNA and the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be; diversity fuels innovation!
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates during all aspects of our interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering the intelligent and sustainable enterprise