Senior Product Manager
Farmers Risk is an early-stage startup focused on helping farmers improve their risk management. We do this by building tools to help farmers more effectively market their grain, buy crop insurance, hedge their crops, and improve their overall revenue decision-making. In a nutshell, we build tools for farmers to understand, manage, and execute their risk management strategies around turning a crop into cash.
In this role, you'll join a small, but fully empowered team to chase down customer problems and deliver clever sustainable solutions.
Successful team members have also had experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Worked with product metrics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Segment, Mixpanel, etc…) to make data-driven decisions
- Marked up screenshots with a designer and/or engineer while brainstorming a new feature
- Put together a user research plan and performed user testing with farmers
- Can describe experiences validating an idea before building a prototype
The responsibilities of this role are primarily the following:
- Collaborating with our engineers and designers to solve hard problems for customers
- Finding ways to validate feature and capability ideas with as little cost or effort as possible
- Maintaining a roadmap for internal stakeholders and product development team members
- Developing pragmatic KPIs for our product that our team can rally around improving
We feel candidates should have the following skills or skills that are comparable:
- 3+ years of direct software product management experience, or 5+ years in a team leadership role
- Fluency with product metric analysis and collection software
- An understanding of production agriculture, specifically corn, soy, wheat (and/or other traded commodities)
- Experience with JIRA and/or other product development software tools
Let us know if you have an experience that you feel sets you apart! This might look like this:
- You've shipped a product of your own design/ideation
- You’ve had an entrepreneurial experience in the past
- You have an extensive agricultural background that makes you uniquely qualified
- You can make colleagues laugh over Slack
Lastly, but most importantly, we believe talent and zeal are not bound by specific geographies. We're happy to embrace remote work and try to optimize for a deliverable-based working style. We believe safe spaces where everyone can be their authentic selves are the key to a strong team so we welcome and embrace all identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Farmer risk management reimagined