About the Role
We are seeking an experienced, driven, product manager who is motivated to become an expert in the ag industry, and specifically ag retail. Our ideal candidate will be adept at applying their product manager experiences in other industries to identify product opportunities that account for the nuance of agriculture but empower our users and serve the industry at scale. You will be responsible for evolving Growers’ products into market-leading, mature technology solutions that will enable the economic sustainability of our customers’ businesses and the ag industry as a whole.
We are open to a fully remote work option for this role, with some travel required for in-person collaboration and customer meetings. Candidates within the US are encouraged to apply. We keep an EST schedule.
As a Product Manager at Growers, you will be responsible for:
- Developing deep understanding of the ag industry, specifically ag retail’s role in the industry, and Growers’ competitors in the industry via rigorous interview-based and analytical research
- Partnering with customers and internal stakeholders that support our customers to identify high impact product improvements and enhancements
- Clearly articulating prioritized business needs and potential product solutions to the management team in order to build and drive the product roadmap and long-term product strategy. Product strategy recommendations should be well-supported with data from industry research, stakeholder/customer interviews, and other sources appropriate.
- Ensuring transparency around product development, creating documentation and facilitating training for internal stakeholders to ensure they understand the product vision and can effectively support customers as they use product features
- Coordinating closely with the engineering team to create, maintain and prioritize a backlog of user stories that align with the product roadmap
- Writing acceptance criteria that clearly articulate product goals and test cases that ensure correct implementation
- Leading Scrum meetings and product sprint ceremonies including sprint planning, daily standups, grooming and retrospectives.
- Collaborating with leadership to create key performance indicators for, and processes to track and improve, product delivery, performance and user satisfaction
- Keeping management team stakeholders apprised of product status and risks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of professional experience in technology product management or closely related roles
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness and drive to perform all parts of the Product Manager role excellently
- Experience working with technical, business and external stakeholders
- Curiosity, humility, empathy and a positive attitude that motivates you and others to uncover new ways our product can delight our users
- The ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced, complex environment and translate ambiguity into action plans
- A self-motivated, team player with a can-do attitude and the ability to inspire others to approach their work in the same way
- Demonstrated success in influencing and negotiating with others to arrive at a consensus while fostering and maintaining positive relationships over time
- Experience managing a diverse range of software products from fledgling to mature, and working within a diverse range of company types, both small and large
- Strong written and verbal communication ability to influence and foster understanding across a wide range of stakeholders, from management to customer success managers to technical partners
Flexible work environment: Chose to work from home or at our Durham, NC office.
Professional Development: Our employees are empowered to be active participants in their career growth. Professional development is encouraged and financially supported.
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision): Comprehensive health care plan options and wellness resources.
Retirement Plan: Enroll in our 401(k) plan immediately upon hire and begin taking advantage of the generous company match.
Life Insurance: Basic, Voluntary, and AD&D are offered to our employees.
Paid Time Off: Paid holidays, vacation time, parental leave, and Volunteer Time Off.
Short Term & Long Term Disability: Rest easy knowing we provide a level of income replacement should you become disabled and are unable to work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sales tech built for ag retail.