This job is no longer accepting applications.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Reporting to the Global Director of Technology Operations, the Communications Manager of Technology will work with cross-functional partners across engineering and product to help bring to life our technical innovation, engineering excellence, and developer systems. You’ll be responsible for exploring the technical details of our platform to help determine which stories are interesting, innovative, and unique to demonstrate the power of our systems.
You will also support the operational communications to launch new systems to our teams and offer strategic change management advice to ensure the team adoption of our new technologies. Lastly, you will partner closely with engineering leadership across the company to help prioritize the projects, programs, and opportunities for engineering thought leadership and help develop the overall communications strategy for the technology team.
- Drive strategic and tactical communications plans corresponding with launches around our engineering innovation
- Support and drive thought leadership narratives for several engineering leaders across the company – from message creation to preparing executives for press interviews
- Strategically pitch media and gain earned coverage around latest launches – leveraging engineering spokespeople to discuss the latest technology
- Build relationships with engineering counterparts so you always have a handle on the latest innovations coming from our engineering teams
- Ability to stay focused on key priorities in alignment with the extended communications team and further storytelling around these areas with a technical lens
- Create and Maintain an Engineering blog – requiring technical and editorial reviews of engineering blog posts each month
- Take a consultative approach in dealing with our senior-level audience, as well as with other key internal and external audiences to implement best-in-class communications that support our business strategy, our engagement objectives, and the needs of the executive leadership team
- Create communication strategies, programs, and tactics to enhance, inform and engage audiences, drive business priorities and elevate the company’s technology brand
- Execute best-practice project management in the context of cross-functional teams
- Draft, revise, edit, and produce a broad range of communication tools, including memos, bulletins, articles, communication toolkits, organizational announcements, presentations, and speeches, targeting a variety of internal and external audiences
- Update communication tools based on emerging technologies and the company’s communication objectives
What you bring to the role.
- Excellent written communications skills with the ability to translate deeply technical topics to more generally understood content
- Organizational skills and an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
- Strong understanding of external communications and implementation process
- Strong media relations experience
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and unstructured, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels
- Possess a high degree of integrity and a sense of confidentiality
- Strong project management and decision-making skills and ability to mobilize stakeholders around a common objective, while respecting tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and build business partnerships.
- A keen observer of the general business environment, industry trends, competitive and regulatory issues, and current affairs as related to TELUS Agriculture, as well as knowledge of the issues facing the telecommunications and agricultural sector in Canada and internationally
- Minimum of 5 years experience in communications
- University degree in communications, writing, public relations, or equivalent experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google collaboration tools, and other digital communications technology products
- Additional post-secondary education and Accredited Business Communicator designation are considered assets
- Graphic design skills for corporate presentations
- Familiarity with the telecommunications sector is an asset
- 5+ years of experience in market/competitive intelligence, finance, equity research, or consulting
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Domo
- Experience with financial modeling, M&A, Ventures, or market/equity research
- Experience working in a matrixed organization with global business partners
- Experience working with and presenting to all levels of leadership
- Preference given to those with knowledge of SaaS, AgTech, Agriculture, Food, or Consumer Goods industries
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required. Proficiency in Google Workplace tools is also desirable
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitative disciplines.
- Nice to have: MBA, CFA, CPA, CA, CMA, CGA
Your application has been successfully submitted.