Account Executive, Livestock Feed and Pharma
At the core of everything we do at FBN is our mission: to help family farms thrive. We do this by offering farmers new ways of doing business that are driven by data and technology. One new way to support livestock operators in our network is by providing them with high quality animal health products, supplies, and feed programs focused on producer ROI. The Animal Health & Feed Account Executive will play a key role in building out this new offering.
This sales role is directly responsible for facilitating Animal Health and Feed sales to FBN’s network of farmers and ranchers across beef cattle, hog and dairy. This position requires a self-starter who can independently prioritize a sales and execution process involving multiple business objectives and many products across several product lines. A nutritional and/or pharmaceutical sales background with a first hand understanding of Livestock production is preferred.
As an Animal Health & Feed Account Executive, you will be expected to:
- Personally manage customer accounts via direct interaction at all levels of the sales process in order to achieve FBN Animal Health & Feed sales goals (gross profit, revenue, etc.)
- Develop and execute sales strategies to maximize profitable revenue, increase customer base and identify new business opportunities. Propose and implement penetration into new markets.
- Independently prioritize your day-to-day execution of the sales of Animal Health & Feed products available from FBN.
- Fluently understand and communicate information about vaccines, antibiotics, hormones, parasiticides, medical devices, supplies, and more. Educate farmers about active ingredients and concentrations, chemical equivalents, and generic products.
- Fluently understand and communicate information about livestock feed, including vitamin and mineral premixes, dry and liquid supplements, additives, packaged products, and more. Educate farmers about feed ingredients and ration formulations.
- Remain abreast of trends, practices and technology used by US farmers and ranchers
- Build relationships and influence within key trade channels including: veterinarians, nutritionists, dealers, community builders, extension and university personnel.
- Execute a Farmers First℠ sales process: facilitate farmer trust by assisting farmers and ranchers in purchasing the right products and quantities for their operation
- Develop your own sales playbook for overcoming objections
- Proactively provide and seek peer feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Use Salesforce, NetSuite, and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Graduate with a Biology, Animal Health, Agriculture, Sales, or Marketing-related bachelor’s degree
- Master’s in animal science, animal nutrition, or equivalent degree is a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, in an Ag business function
- Fluency in livestock feed products
- Fluency in livestock pharmaceutical products
- Knowledge of Cattle, Swine, and/or Dairy industries is preferred
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided, independent work environment
- Passionate about livestock and farming; a desire to put the Farmers First®
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to travel ~30% of the time
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Maximize Your Farm's Profit Potential