Content Specialist – Crops
Sets client content strategy and develops content for use in various channels, including but not limited to email, media, newsletters, sales collateral and websites.
HOW WE GET IT DONE:
Content Strategist – 30%
- Works with internal team to understand client business goals, develop strategic marketing plans and lead client content strategy
- Ensures every piece of content delivers on client business goals
- Knows the client’s target audience(s), including their characteristics and behaviors, and how best to communicate with them
- Understands how to adapt messaging by customer journey stage
- Drives client growth by proactively bringing forward content opportunities and making strong recommendations
- Stays updated on content and media relations trends and functions
- Develops core messaging around key products and programs
Content Creator – 60%
- Develops content based on goals, objectives, audience/buyer persona, channel and desired customer actions
- Collaborates with clients (including client technical experts, sales teams and customers) and internal teams to develop content
- Ensures all content is on-brand and consistent in style, quality and tone/voice
- Writes and revises content for ideal user experience across different channels, including optimizing for readability and search performance online
- Verifies facts, names, dates, statistics and more using available references
- Uses self-editing skills, as well as available tools, to proof content and correct errors in grammar, style, spelling and punctuation
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients, client customers, industry experts and key industry editors and influencers
- Keeps up on client industry trends, market conditions and relevant research
- Maintains and grows media contacts and client-specific media distribution lists
- Identifies and takes advantage of media opportunities for clients
- Develops and maintains client content calendars, content inventories and keyword research lists to inform content plans
- Works closely with the client lead and other internal team members to ensure cohesion, collaboration and communication across efforts
Content Analyst – 10%
- Sets and measures content KPIs, continuously evaluating performance
- Formulates and communicates strong recommendations based on performance
- Uses content metrics and insights to tell a story about campaign performance
- Adapts and refines messaging to deliver highest client impact
- Displays in-depth understanding of content channels and marketing, including but not limited to email, media, newsletters, sales collateral and websites
- Familiarity with writing for advertising, technical bulletins, radio and video
- Demonstrates exceptional writing skills, with the ability to craft compelling stories in every channel
- Proficient at self-editing, including editing for tone/voice, grammar, AP style, brand style, industry terminology and more
- Skilled in adjusting messaging based on target audience
- Able to take constructive feedback and apply it to make a better final product
- Capable of simplifying highly technical, complex information as well as building out simple concepts with research and data
- Adept at managing time, budgets and deadlines
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with a customer-service mindset
- Crops experience – specifically with row crops and specialty crops – is a plus
Specific content skills:
- Article writing
- Email writing
- Media relations
- Research and data analysis
- Scriptwriting (audio/video)
- Visual storytelling
- I believe there are no random acts of content.
- I believe in the power of content to shift customer mindsets.
- I believe there’s always a story to tell and a new way to tell it.
- I put on the audience’s shoes and empathize with my reader’s needs.
- I believe each content channel is unique and I adapt messaging to fit.
- Content is everywhere, and I’m always hungry to learn more.
- I’m a stickler for quality and not satisfied with average.
- I strive to make each piece of content better than the last.
- I look in front of me – always proactive and planning ahead.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Animals and Agriculture: We Live It