This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lucent Biosciences is on a mission to develop solutions to mitigate the climate impact on global food security and human health. Our pilot plant in Coquitlam utilizes state of the art manufacturing to produce the world’s first carbon-neutral, sustainable, non-polluting agricultural micronutrient fertilizer called Soileos. We are looking for production technicians who are interested in working in a factory setting in a safe, efficient manner and to share in our mission to make an impact on regenerative agriculture.
The position involves the following;
- Assisting with the synthesis of our novel, sustainable agricultural fertilizers using state of the art technology.
- Assisting with handling potentially hazardous chemicals and substrates according to safe operating procedures and at the direction of the shift production manager.
- Following safety protocols.
- Taking accurate measurements as required including but not limited to: pH, temperature, moisture and mass.
- Monitoring and operating industrial equipment that could include boilers, compressors, pumps, AC motor controllers etc.
- Cleaning equipment and facility.
The position will require shift work using a 4 days on (12 hour shifts), 4 days off rotation. This position requires physical work in an industrial setting while wearing cover-all and a respirator at times. Cover-all, gloves, hard-hats, and respirators will be supplied. Steel-toed boots are required and expected to be provided by the employee.
Experience is not required, on the job training is provided. The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to complete all tasks on time
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with others
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Mechanical aptitude and comfortable operating hand and power tools
- Basic computer skills, i.e. recording data in spreadsheets
- Must be able to maintain a clean work area
Some additional qualities that would set you above the rest, but not required:
- Valid forklift certificate
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid WHMIS/GHS Certificate
- Education or experience relating to materials science or manufacturing technology and/or troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems
COVID PROTOCOLS - Lucent cares about the health of it’s employees. Lucent requires proof of full vaccination to be considered for this position.
Preferred starting date is early October 2021.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
New ways to grow.