Regional Sales Manager
In 2009 Conservis wasn’t founded to be about farming. It was built around enterprise sustainability and how we could help people do more with less. After presenting the notion that farmers may have an advantage if they could show transparency into how crops were produced, a group of farmers approached us. "We'd like to talk to you. What you're talking about is the thing we're trying to deal with from a legacy perspective. We're trying to figure out how to get access to capital, to grow more sustainably, and we think traceability is going to be a market advantage.” The farmers showed us the path. With our eye on doing more with less, we landed on ‘conserve’. Conservis is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company, but the service component is so critical that we built it into our DNA. Centered on supporting our client’s diverse needs, we landed on ‘service’.
Conserve + service = Conservis
Over a decade later, our farmer-first approach worked. In July of 2021, Conservis was acquired by a Dutch bank (Rabobank), and a Canadian telecommunications company (TELUS), solidifying that we are in this for the long haul. If you are inspired to serve the hard-working people responsible for growing our food, consider Conservis. Working with farmers in the permanent and row crop markets ensures that no two days are alike. We have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in helping producers manage the business of farming. We’re seeking high-performing team members and we strongly encourage collaboration and bringing fresh ideas to the table. Our best-in-breed FMS (Farm Management Software) is continually upgraded based on listening to the needs of our clients, learning through customer interaction, and building technology that makes a difference in the ag landscape. Each day our team accomplishes goals on purpose, and today, we’re seeking passionate people to steer Conservis with purpose. If you’re determined to take a client-centric approach to solve problems that matter, let’s talk.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for growing Conservis revenue in an assigned region of farmers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive sales (new accounts) in an assigned area by cold calling/visiting prospective clients, establishing or nurturing a partner ecosystem and working with key partners, including Rabo AgriFinance Relationship Managers and Business Development Managers, to meet or exceed regional sales targets
- Fully utilize customer relationship management (CRM) system and other sales enablement tools to efficiently and consistently track sales activities
- Partner with Customer Success to ensure a thorough and effective understanding of key prospect requirements and customer onboarding and implementation process
- In concert with Customer Success, retain clients by visiting and partnering with key accounts and leading renewal/upgrade efforts
- Work with existing clients in your assigned region to ensure they are becoming advocates for Conservis
- Provide market insight, represent the voice of the customer and collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve the Conservis offering and the company’s position in the market
- Sales Awareness - Desire for success in sales - knowing your own limitations and strengths allows you to make objective decisions and ask for assistance from others when needed.
- Accepts Responsibility - Take responsibility for results instead of rationalizing or making excuses - There is clear understanding of how actions and behavior impact outcomes. When desired results are not achieved, you look inward to determine what you can do or could have done to impact the situation.
- Ambition and Drive - Goals are understood to be necessary. This individual has inner drive, energy and the expectation to succeed.
- Problem Solving - The ability to sort and clarify a business dilemma through prodding provides you with a strong sense of how to handle a client's problems by selling to solve their "pain."
Training and Experience
- Ag literacy
- 7+ years proven outside sales/new account growth experience in agriculture. Business development in selected territory.
- Must be comfortable selling your expertise and intangibles to new prospects in a developing market
- Track record of success when working with large and commercial farming operations
- Proficient in coordinating company resources within a consultative/solution-based selling approach
- Strong understanding and practical experience with general business principles and accounting practices
- Ability to work remotely, manage a schedule, budget and resources to facilitate meetings with customer and prospects
- Ability to travel to client sites up to 70% of the time
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
Work is typically performed in a remote office environment. Position requires light physical effort, handling of objects up to 10 pounds, and some standing or walking.
Be a Part of Our Team!
- We love farming and the opportunity to give back to our community
- We are an entrepreneurial environment where everyone’s ideas are valued
- We promote empowerment, creativity, collaboration and autonomy
- We support continued professional development
- We promote and support balance, family and wellness
- We offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package
- Market competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k) company match
- 15 days PTO to start
- Remote work environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the Business of Farming