Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
Requirements of a Production Operator:
- Ability to work any shift, weekends or holidays (our plants operate 24/7). Reliable and consistent attendance required
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practice Regulations, which requires gloves, hairnets, shoe covers and uniforms in working areas. Personal cleanliness is necessary to prevent product contamination.
- Complies will all applicable food safety regulations and mandates (Safe Quality Foods, Food & Drug Admin, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance)
- Ability to constantly stand/walk and to frequently bend/flex/twist/squat/carry for an 8-hour shift. Repetitive movements and tasks. Ability to lift, move, slide, and situate 55 pounds routinely
- Safely handle cleaning products and chemicals
- Ability to read and understand standard operating procedures in a team environment
Production Operator duties may include:
- Duties include (but not limited to) mopping, scraping, brushing, sweeping, washing floors and walls to include sanitizing equipment and machinery as instructed
- Knowledge of the product flows pertaining to the systems to, to include but not limited to piping, controls, and connections for receiving and the loading out of pasteurized products.
- Operate butter and powder packing equipment within specifications of packaging standards
- Hand pack cases into boxes and prepare for shipment to warehouse
- Assist with palletizing and shrink wrapping pallets to prepare for shipping.
- Assist with accurate recording weights, start time, down time, pounds produced, and pallets produced.
- Knowledge of CIP lines and flows.
- Perform required production tests (such as % total solids etc.), to ensure product meets specified standards
- Completion and maintenance of any and all required logs, records, etc.
- Awareness of and compliance with all HACCP, USDA, FDA, SQF, MDA, GMP, and Food Safety Standards.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities that are required of the role. Responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
MMPA provides the opportunity for meaningful work that makes a difference in the dairy industry and in our communities. The diverse talents and perspectives of our employees help us to meet the needs of our member farms and the customers we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
MMPA provides our employees with a comfortable and meaningful work environment, where we strive to make a difference in the dairy industry and in the ...