Human Resources Clerk
Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
- Process bi-weekly hourly payroll and ensure data accuracy in the system for wages, banking information, classifications, etc.
- Responsible for all hourly recruiting, selection and on-boarding; and associated tasks
- Lead employee training efforts within the facility
- Investigate employee complaints and address concerns
- Manage employee attendance records and issue disciplinary warnings, when necessary
- Respond and resolve questions and concerns from employees and management
- Processes unemployment claims and participates in hearings, as appropriate.
- Maintain all personnel, company and HR files and records
- Lead the facility in safety initiatives, including the monthly safety committee, safety recordkeeping and ensuring workers retain appropriate safety certifications
- Assist in the administration of Worker’s Compensation, including filing and following up on claims, working with the insurance carrier and supporting the employee through the injury
- Supports and participates in company activities and functions
- Make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, a self-starter and take great initiative. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, ERP software and HRIS systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational, and planning/implementation skills.
- Up to date knowledge of HR, safety and worker’s compensation principles, regulations and laws.
- Previous experience with labor relations preferred
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret varied data and information.
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with employees, management and the union
- Shows value for different opinions, shows flexibility to different opinions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities that are required of the role. Responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
MMPA provides the opportunity for meaningful work that makes a difference in the dairy industry and in our communities. The diverse talents and perspectives of our employees help us to meet the needs of our member farms and the customers we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
MMPA provides our employees with a comfortable and meaningful work environment, where we strive to make a difference in the dairy industry and in the ...