This job is no longer accepting applications.
Tom Farms is an eighth-generation farm business operating in Northern Indiana with a focus on commercial corn, soybeans, seed corn production and services, utilizing various management practices and technologies.
Tom Farms has an opportunity for an Agronomist position, for a motivated individual to collaborate and help lead the operations team. This position works closely with management, operations and industry leaders to ensure the success of the crop.
· +3 years of agriculture production experience (agronomist, crop advisor, seed sales)
· Pest/weed identification and treatment
· In-depth knowledge of soil principals
· Strong technology and communication skills
· Irrigation and water management experience
· Pesticide applicators license
· Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) preferred
· Collaborate on pre-season crop planning and placement
· Observing and directing operational team with field operations
· Work closely with internal and external partners to manage the growth of the crop
· Monitoring of field and crop conditions
· Making agronomic recommendations
· Work with production team on field level operations timing
· Crop care and fertilizer organization
· Assist in various product and technology trials and future integrations
· Analysis and review of field data
· Commitment to field level excellence
Skills and Abilities
· Good diagnostic and decision-making skills
· Proficient with technology
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· Great communication abilities
· Self-motivated and willing to explore opportunities
Job Type: Full Time
· Paid time off
· Health Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Insurance
· Paid Holidays
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Tom Farms! We are an eighth-generation farm business operating across Northern Indiana where our ancestors settled in 1837 near Leesburg, I...