Technical Service Representatives – Pacific Northwest and California
AgBiome®, a revolutionary agricultural biotechnology company headquartered in Research Triangle Park, Durham, North Carolina is seeking two self-driven professionals of our Technical Service Team. We use new knowledge of the plant-associated microbiome to create innovative products for agriculture and life sciences to sustainably feed our growing world population. We have been repeatedly named by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” through our unique, non-hierarchical, and self-managed working environment, emphasizing teamwork and the ability to focus on common goals.
In these roles, you will be a critical part of our team providing technical support and training to our sales team, customers, growers, commodity groups, and other influencers. Members of the technical service team coordinate both University as well as grower demonstration trials to demonstrate product performance and to develop the best positioning and labels for our products.
· Provide technical support to sales, including internal and external product training, summarization of efficacy data, recommendations for technical positioning, and coordination of demonstration trials with our customers, growers, commodity groups, and other influencers.
· Manage efficacy trials with academic researchers and extension institutions to demonstrate product efficacy and establish optimum product positioning at the local level.
· Organize and participate in tradeshows, field tours to build product and company exposure. Represent AgBiome in professional conferences and scientific meetings
· Identify opportunities for existing products and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Regulatory to identify new opportunities for existing products as well as new product concepts. Work with all stakeholders to support updates to product labels
· Master’s degree or above in the agricultural life sciences, such as agronomy, horticulture, plant pathology, entomology or nematology
· Relevant experience in the agricultural industry, preferably with disease control. Experience and knowledge of biologicals preferred
· Agronomic knowledge of specialty crops. Must possess a strong ability to adapt and understand product needs in specialty markets
· Demonstrated ability to positively interact and influence end-users and our customers, as well as within a team. Possesses and demonstrates an authentic ability to connect broadly with people and motivate around a message
· Aligned with our core values of creating simplicity, aversion to mediocrity, working with passion, self-motivation and getting things done
· For California, a PCA license is highly desirable
· Travel ~ 50% of time
· Locations: Pacific Northwest (preferably Washington or Oregon), California (TBD)
For more information and to apply:
Your application has been successfully submitted.