Area Business Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Advanced Agrilytics seeks an Area Business Manager in a people leader sales position to grow market share in a specific geography by leading and motivating a team of Precision Agronomists and building strong relationships with key customers. Qualified candidates must have a combination of strong business and people management skills as well as a dedication to a true systems approach to comprehensive agronomy practices including soil fertility, crop care, plant growth, progressive production practices such as data management and analytics.
- Work with Regional Business Director to create a business plan to drive market share growth in the specified geography
- Recruit, lead, develop, and retain a team of high-quality Precision Agronomists to implement the business plan
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each Precision Agronomist for assigned customers and prospects and track progress
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information and provide inputs internally to develop regional plans
- Collaborate with Lead Agronomists to maximize services, information, and training to preferred growers
- Successfully partner and build a trusting relationship with top growers and key accounts. Negotiate contracts and proactively resolve any customer needs
- Accountable for driving outcomes and flawless execution of developed business plan including achievement of sales, profit, and market share targets, sales forecasting accuracy, resource management, etc.
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within the region as per guidelines
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate Advanced Agrilytics and build long lasting relationships
- Travel approximately 30%-50% within defined territory
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture Business, Agronomy or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture
- 3+ years experience in a people management role
- Strong business acumen, account planning and resource management skills
- Strong results orientation and drive – ability to hold a team accountable, help prioritize resources and drive decisions
- Ability to inspire, coach and mentor a team
- Exemplary customer focus including conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of the agriculture industry, marketplace dynamics and grower needs. Strong understanding of agronomy is preferred
- Ability to work in a lean environment and be resourceful
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written)
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision, FSA)
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- A culture that promotes collaboration, rapid business growth and teamwork
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Clear data. Muddy boots.