This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Context Network seeks a driven, self-disciplined, detailed, analytical thinker to join our team of Business Analysts in the food and agribusiness industry. This individual will have a background in agriculture and a bachelor’s degree completed before December 2021.
Provide business, market, and financial analysis support to management consulting projects. Responsibilities include:
- Gather and evaluate data and information for use in providing insights and conclusions related to strategic decisions being considered by clients
- Lead and conduct market research activities in the form of telephone interviews, internet surveys, or mailed questionnaires. This would also include secondary market data from public sources such as government and university reports, company literature, and internet sources.
- Build and modify economic and financial spreadsheet models for use in evaluating options, produce forecasts, and understand the financial impact of various market environments and business decisions.
- Assist in the design and management of strategic planning sessions, including process design, presentation development, decision-support tools, and on-site coordination of logistics and facilities.
- Manage project work streams and certain projects with defined parameters.
- B.S. degree with a focus in finance, economics, marketing or strategy
- Internship or work experience preferred in consulting, marketing, sales, product management, market/financial/business analysis or similar field.
- Experience with financial or economic modeling with an understanding of basic business statistical analysis (descriptive statistics, regression, analysis of variance, etc.) is required.
- Education or experience in agriculture or the biological sciences strongly preferred.
The duties of this job require a high degree of specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these established criteria are necessary for successful job performance.
The job environment is structured and job expectations are clear. While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality is never compromised. The focus of communication and organizational relationships is based on technical expertise.
The work requires specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems and technology, and the demonstration of the values of integrity, quality and caution. New ideas and concepts are also important but will be carefully analyzed and tested before communication and adoption.
The position encompasses a defined span of control and opportunity for someone who engenders trust, demonstrates a sense of urgency and assures consistent achievement of quality standards. The work requires making decisions that support company guidelines authoritatively and quickly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Partners for Advancing Agriculture®