Global Business Development Agronomist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Global Business Development Agronomist works with all relevant entities to provide Agronomic and Technical Services to global markets of focus. This role will be critical to developing and maintaining Agronomic relationships and other necessary market relationships essential to exponentially grow sales in the company’s global focal markets.
What You Will Do
- Field Activities
- In conjunction with peers and colleagues, prepare annual agronomy strategy plan outlining new agronomy and customer problem-solving opportunities and tactics to capture the maximum available new business
- Contact and actively engage research partners with the purpose of obtaining valued agronomic results
- Develop field protocols to enable key agronomic questions to be answered for both the customer and Actagro
- Develop and execute contracts with research partners
- Ensure research work is delivered per contracts and is paid for with budgeted funds
- Customer Activities
- Provide training services to both existing and prospective customers
- Work alongside customer agronomy and technical staff to design local field trial work
- Promote Company’s portfolio benefits to customer sales, marketing and agronomy teams.
- Provide agronomic information to support the proper positioning for the products
- Advises growers and crop advisors on using Actagro® products to improve plant health and crop yields in cropping systems within designated area
- Partner with Actagro Marketing to help develop and deliver key marketing messages to drive adoption rate of Actagro technologies in the territory.
- Provide marketing support strategies, product positioning, presentations and technical support to drive business growth.
- Develop, share and adhere to corporate global agronomy budgets.
- Direct and manage Agronomy services expense budget Develop budgets required to deliver an agreed upon Global Agronomy plan
- Develop and maintain a plan for, and adhere to, an annual budget for expenses
What You Will Bring
- Master’s Degree required, preferably in Agronomy, Plant Science, or Soil Science; experience may be considered in lieu of education
- 10+ years of related experience required, preferably in all aspects of agronomy training at the grower and distribution level, agronomic knowledge around soil and plant nutrition in a wide variety of cropping systems
- Experience in a strong Global industry network in the agriculture space, especially in fertilizer and nutritional products required
- Fluency in English required, ability to communicate in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred
- Ability to travel up to 70% internationally
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range $96,600-$138,000. This range is estimated for the Global Business Development Agronomist position in Loveland, Colorado. Actual salary and benefits may differ based upon location.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Grow our world from the ground up.