Inside Sales Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sound is an innovator of bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Ventures.
We are hiring an Inside Sales Representative to achieve maximum sales growth and demand generation with large, progressive growers. This role will be part salesperson and part account manager, working collaboratively with our Regional Sales Managers and retail partners to close business with large, progressive corn and soybean growers throughout the US. This position can be based in one of our offices in California or North Carolina, or be remote within the Midwest. Expectation of up to 10% travel. The role reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Identify and research large, progressive growers to target across social media, agricultural trade publications and word-of-mouth
- Achieve sales targets in collaboration with Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) and Sales Agronomists, helping to close strategic grower accounts with SOURCE Corn and Beans
- Make outbound calls, emails, tweets and LinkedIn messages to growers to generate interest
- Execute a close plan in conjunction with RSMs and Sales Agronomists, including closing your own business and setting up qualified meetings and virtual calls on behalf of RSMs with strategic growers and channel partners
- Build out and execute demand generation process, including use of software like Salesforce and related sales tools to have an appropriate outreach cadence through phone, email and text
- Maintain open channels of communication and collaboration with the regions via regular updates and quarterly strategy meetings both remote and in-person
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Retail, B2B or Field Sales experience, including Account Management and direct agronomic experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Business-related function and Science, or equivalent and related experience and education
- Passionate for agriculture and understanding of the agriculture inputs market
- Ability to sell based on value and ROI, including business financials and price/volume relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships in person, over the phone, and by video conferencing
- Comfort going through a high volume outreach process where there are lots of cut off conversations and unanswered emails
- Experience selling new product lines that create a new market, vs. established categories that are mostly stealing market share
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite, Salesforce and/or other CRM systems. Experience in customer support increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Strong knowledge of agronomics, general cropping practices, agricultural technology and the trends and requirements for pest control preferred
- Comfort in working in fast-paced, dynamic environment — Sound is a high-growth, VC-backed startup looking for folks who want to create the future of agriculture!
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.