Regional Sales Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sound is an innovator of bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Ventures.
We are hiring a Regional Sales Manager to achieve maximum sales growth within an assigned territory, develop business plans and maintain long-term retail/grower relationships by effectively selling Sound’s solutions through retail partners and independent advisors to growers and direct to strategic growers. This position will be remote and involve 30% +/- travel. The role reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Location: Remote/Midwest, United States
- Achieve sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned sales territory and/or level of account(s)
- Serve as the primary contact for all channel partners, retail accounts, independent dealers and strategic growers within the territory
- Develop a regional plan which includes developing and implementing annual business plans to influence end-user demand, roll out and manage retail and grower programs and train the retailers’ sales force
- Coordinate trainings for Sound Ambassadors (retail and independent dealers) to maximize their ability to achieve sales targets
- Develop and maintain relationships, sales growth strategies and activities with large producer accounts
- Ensure grower retention and increased use of our Source product on their acres
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to leadership
- Present an ROI approach at the farmgate, ensuring that the customer and retail is knowledgeable about our products and benefits
- Establish a continuous feedback approach and process to connect with growers and Retail Ambassadors including independent dealerships
- Participate in trade shows, tours and product launches for Sound products within assigned territory
- Build and maintain accurate sales forecasts across revenue, acreage and number of customers
- Log all inbound and outbound inquiries in Salesforce to ensure accurate reporting of volume and documentation of issues
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Marketing and Science
- 6+ years sales experience in agriculture, technology, or related field, including Account Management or agronomy service
- Experience selling directly to end-users and selling directly through channel partners
- Track record of exceeding quota at top of sales leaderboard
- Strong knowledge of agronomy, ag inputs, general cropping practices, agricultural technology and the trends and requirements for pest control preferred, but not required
- Ability to understand business planning, business financials and price/volume relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships in person, over the phone, and by video conferencing
- Comfort working with and selling to agriculture retailers and farm consultants and leading row crop growers
- Experience selling new product lines and creating new markets required
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite, Salesforce and/or other CRM systems. Experience in customer support increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Comfort in working in fast-paced, dynamic environment — Sound is a high-growth, VC-backed startup looking for folks who want to create the future of agriculture!
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.