ESG Strategy Manager (216420w-01)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – enriching the lives of those who produce and those who consume for generations to come.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
You'll work as part of our global Enriching Lives Together Sustainability Strategy team to help shape our holistic Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) program in line with our corporate purpose, including and beyond our 2030 sustainability goals and our inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) goals. Your objective in this position is to manage multiple work streams to build evidence-based insights, create transparency about ESG trends, lead related reporting, and collaborate with teams on specific strategic ESG opportunities across the organization. You are an experienced and proactive critical thinker, intellectually curious with a creative streak, and have a strong track record in analytics and collaboration in cross-functional setting to achieve business-relevant outcomes.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Lead internal management of voluntary ESG reporting and evaluation frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, TCFD, S&P CSA, CDP, etc.) and related emerging requirements
· Serve as subject matter expert for new and emerging trends on ESG frameworks, topics, and Corteva results, globally and for specific regions across our footprint, for teams across the organization, including finance, investor relations, legal, human resources, R&D, business platforms, supply chain, senior leadership, and others
· Oversee robust ESG impact metrics measurement and analytics across a variety of ESG topics, including our 2030 sustainability goals and ID&E goals
· Monitor and manage benchmarking and trend analysis, including key stakeholder priorities
· Lead regular reporting and project management of opportunities to advance ESG competencies, including new financial value creation opportunities, evolution of disclosures, and rigorous monitoring and forecasting processes
· Grow transparency and awareness initiatives on ESG topics throughout Corteva, including regularly distilling and communicating key themes and results
· Completing tangible progress initiatives, in alignment with Corteva's sustainability and business objectives
· Support Global Sustainability Strategy Leader and global sustainability team on strategic initatives and program advancement, including manage and develop new trends, benchmarking, and stakeholder listening initiatives for Corteva’s ESG program; management of key initiatives that cut across ESG topics and our specific 2030 sustainability goals and ID&E goals
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
· Experience: at a minimum, 4-6 years of demonstrated ESG-related experience. Experience in related legal, human resources, finance and/or investor relations related departments. Experience with the food and agriculture value chain or chemicals industry is a plus. Master’s degree strongly preferred with a focus in sustainability, responsible finance, law or related fields, or CFA or equivalent.
· Expertise: Experience with holistic ESG programs including experience within or with legal, human resources, finance, investor relations and/or related departments. General knowledge and interest of ESG trends and measurement strategies in the food/agriculture industry, ensuring business connectivity and appropriate business-relevant benchmarks are established and maintained.
· Collaboration: Drives results as an independent thought leader and as part of an integrated team. Builds trust in relationships through communication, transparency, and outcomes.
· Analytical skills: Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail and rigorous quality management. Experience in analysis, forecasting, research, and/or surveys; experience in reporting and progress management (e.g., MBRs, dashboards).
· Effective management: Self-starter, independent, highly communicative. Strong project management and coordination, proactive and flexible, independent time management skills, reliable management of and follow-through on multiple deadlines/projects simultaneously, thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Busines context: Experience working in a globally dispersed and matrix organization, clear and effective written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders, readiness to communicate and present ideas and results to diverse audiences. Budget and financial management experience is a plus.
· Willing to travel
This position may work remotely, but travel to support activities will be expected.
Your application has been successfully submitted.