This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: Minneapolis or Remote
Overview: Help AgVend win new platform partners
Brief of the Role
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our fast-growing team. In this position, you will be tasked with leading AgVend’s future growth by building trusted relationships with the nation’s most innovative ag retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. Your goal will be to find new potential partners and help them to realize the value of AgVend’s platform for their business.
You are a seasoned salesperson capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at all levels of an organization, including the C-Suite/GMs and cross-functional leaders. You are comfortable initiating these conversations and leading deals to a close with the nation’s largest ag suppliers. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep understanding, combined with technical knowledge of your customer’s business. Finally, you are an organization builder. You like to actively participate in the development of our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the growth of our product.
- You seek help when needed, are open to constructive feedback, and have never uttered the words, “Well, that isn’t my job” in a sentence.
- Excellent communicator
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills that enable you to influence key stakeholders.
- You relish a good challenge and work relentlessly to overcome hurdles to achieve the best possible outcome.
- You want to understand the business of our partners and find solutions to help them grow.
- You recognize that arrogance is toxic and that modesty is key to being a good teammate.
- You enjoy dynamic and fast-growing work environments. You believe no job is too small, and no idea too big.
- You have experience in agronomy, agribusiness, or AgTech and have pre-existing relationships with ag retailers, distributors, and manufacturers.
What we expect of you:
You do what you say you will do.
- Acquire new accounts
- Some of the nation’s largest and most innovative ag suppliers are seeing significant success from using our Platform. Your job is to communicate this value and add new partner accounts to the network.
- Own executive-level relationships and upsell
- The key to any SaaS model’s success is the retention and growth of accounts. You will partner with your accounts’ dedicated Partnership Manager to ensure retention and successful upsell to new products.
- “Change your own oil”
- We are a highly efficient team and we expect you to be excited to get their hands dirty and build their own pipeline.
What you can expect of us:
We do what we say we will do.
- People first
- We will seek to maximize your personal growth and long-term career success during your time with AgVend and beyond. We value our employees' lives and aspirations outside of the company.
- Ownership and autonomy
- You will have the power to realize opportunities, drive change, and delight customers.
- Clear expectations
- Performance goals are set quarterly and are rooted in our company values and objectives.
- Competitive salary and commission
- We know money isn’t everything, but you will be properly compensated for your work.
- Company ownership
- You are fundamental to the success of AgVend and thus you will receive stock options in the company.
- We strongly believe that there is no replacement for a firm handshake, so you will be expected to meet with our partners on a regular basis. We will compensate for all travel expenses.
- Health insurance
- We want you and your family happy and healthy, so we have industry-leading health coverage for all of our employees.
Ready for your next challenge?
Send us a note with your interests and background to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AgVend is agribusiness's digital partner for serving the producer of tomorrow.