Livestock Accounting Senior Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you enjoy challenging projects and the opportunity to influence others in the livestock industry? Are you inspired by the opportunity to influence the food chain while strengthening the financial future of animal protein producers? If you are interested in partnering with progressive business owners and key decision makers across the US, we’d like to hear from you. K·Coe Isom is a Top 100 public accounting and consulting firm that promotes a team approach to serving clients. Our growth and innovation haven’t slowed in 2021, and we currently have several openings for experienced accounting professionals who desire to focus primarily within the livestock industry.
What you’ll be doing:
If you’re a CPA and want to experience a different way of serving clients, look no further. Become a key business partner for our livestock clients in 48 states, helping them strategically grow their business. This role will provide you with an opportunity to challenge the status quo and make a real difference as you effectively manage people, projects, and clients. Beyond review of tax returns or overseeing the risk and financial performance of engagements, you will also help to lead a team of accounting professionals committed to developing creative ideas and delivering significant value to many of the top 25 feed yard and beef producers. If you’re a curious leader who isn’t afraid to dig deep in pursuit of answers, and you’re energized by initiating conversations with clients, we invite you to read on.
What you’ll need for this position:
- The ability to build relationships and gain opportunities with clients as you provide leading-edge accounting and consulting services
- A desire and ability to identify trends and patterns in client information and financials, identifying issues and bringing them to the client’s attention
- The curiosity to go beyond the textbook, asking hard questions and using technical skills to provide solutions to client problems
- A track record of successfully leading and mentoring audit or tax team members while managing projects
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex financial information
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting, with livestock experience and CPA license strongly preferred
- Experience in financial reporting, and proficiency in the taxation of corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities
- Knowledge of GAAP and accounting standards and application to financial statements
- Hedging or commodity risk management knowledge, from an accounting perspective is preferred
- Willingness to travel occasionally overnight, up to 25-30% annually
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis upon hire. (K·Coe Isom will not provide sponsorship for this position, and therefore cannot consider candidates requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H-1B status)).
What’s in it for you:
- A people-centered culture, with fun included among our core firm values
- A robust training and development program designed to help you discover your distinct abilities and use them to grow yourself and the firm
- More freedom to explore your areas of interest
- A fast track to leadership and influence for those who pursue it
- Excellent pay, flexibility, and benefits
K·Coe Isom offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, profit sharing, holidays, flexible work arrangements, and paid leave.
Please complete an application, attach a resume, and include a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest, to be considered further as an applicant. Questions can be directed to email@example.com
K·COE ISOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.