Tax Manager - Agriculture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you enjoy challenging tax work and the opportunity to influence others? If you are interested in partnering with progressive ag business owners and key decision makers across the US, we’d like to hear from you. K·Coe Isom is a Top 100 public accounting and consulting firm that promotes a team approach to serving clients. Our growth hasn’t slowed in 2021, and we currently have several openings for experienced tax leaders.
We are hiring for our Chico, Fresno, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Loveland and Wichita offices.
What you’ll be doing:
If you’re a tax-focused CPA and want to experience a different way of serving clients, look no further. Become a key business partner for our clients in agriculture. You’ll work in a team environment to help clients strategically grow their business as you assess tax impact, develop tax arguments, and suggest recommendations. You’ll also participate with a specialized team to guide clients with their estate and tax planning strategies. This role will provide you with an opportunity to challenge the status quo and make a real difference as you effectively manage people, projects, and clients. Beyond overseeing the risk and financial performance of engagements, you will also help to lead a team of accounting professionals committed to developing creative ideas and delivering significant value to the farmers, producers, and ranchers helping to feed the world.
What you’ll need for this position:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, or a related field
- CPA license and 4+ years of experience in public accounting, with agriculture experience preferred
- Experience in tax compliance, and proficiency in the taxation of individuals, corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities
- A desire and ability to identify trends and patterns in client information and financials, identifying potential problems and bringing resolutions to the team
- A track record of successfully leading and mentoring other team members while overseeing projects
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex tax concepts
- Willingness to travel occasionally overnight, up to 20% annually
- The ability to build relationships and gain opportunities with clients as you provide leading-edge tax and consulting services
- The desire to work in a progressive environment that rewards innovation and entrepreneurship
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis upon hire. (K·Coe Isom will not provide sponsorship for this position, and therefore cannot consider candidates requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H-1B status)).
What’s in it for you:
- A people-centered culture, with fun included among our core firm values
- A robust training and development program designed to help you discover your distinct abilities and use them to grow yourself and the firm
- More freedom to explore your areas of interest
- A fast track to leadership and influence for those who pursue it
- The ability to manage your schedule to create work life balance including busy seasons with minimum hours much less than your typical accounting firm
K·Coe Isom offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, profit sharing, holidays, flexible work arrangements, and paid leave.
K·Coe Isom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.