Director, Communication Strategy
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Operationalize our strategy on Feeding America’s communication during events of national and significant importance and to advocate for the people we serve. This includes recognizing and elevating communities who are disproportionately impacted by hunger, supporting government policy priorities and advocacy efforts, and identifying and working with key stakeholders to prioritize anti-poverty issues. Coordinate the development and execution of Feeding America’s overarching communications strategy.
- Support organizational strategic priorities working with key Executive Team stakeholders to proactively identify the key issues related to hunger and poverty where we want to use our brand voice. Ensure we deliver on our commitment to equity and support legislative priorities.
- Define our organizational position on key issues, craft core communication messages, and socialize with key stakeholders.
- Develop an annual Feeding America communications strategy, ensuring alignment within communications and cross-functionally.
- Guide rapid response efforts by leading a cross-departmental team and defining roles and responsibilities of core members, developing a process to incorporate input from subject matter experts, and operationalizing the assessment process to determine if and how Feeding America will use our organizational voice during unexpected events/moments. Develop recommended approach document for CEO approval.
- Co-create an annual calendar of planned events, the organizational approach for each event, key supporting elements, and potential partner organizations. Identify participants in the process and outline clear roles and responsibilities.
- Actively monitor the external environment working closely with the Communications and Digital Marketing teams. Stay abreast of emerging cultural and social issues where Feeding America may want to be visible.
- Create an internal communications plan that shares strategy, decision-making criteria, and process. Publish and maintain annual calendar, including archivally capturing unexpected events. Identify appropriate internal channel strategy. Create a communication loop for staff to provide feedback.
- Develop a library of pre-prepared core messaging elements, including BIPOC community stories from the network of food banks, national data on BIPOC communities, relevant policies and legislative positions, relevant network points of view, and sample community partner organizations.
- Work closely with the GR team to develop policy papers that can be used for planning, internal, and potentially external communication.
- Closely collaborate with Communication, Marketing, Brand, and Advocacy teams to ensure fully integrated external communication and key messaging.
- Travel: Minimal - a few trips annually.
Your application has been successfully submitted.