Senior Program Manager, Internships and Youth Impact
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Senior Program Manager, Internships & Youth Impact provides operational oversight and support of the World Food Prize Foundation’s internship, fellowship and training programs, college and career success events, and alumni engagement and empowerment activities. The position provides organizational leadership on program design, planning and execution; partner engagement, training and coordination; event planning and management; and oversight of international operational logistics. Minimum of bachelor's degree required and five years experience in relevant fields needed; masters degree preferred; salary determinations based on experience.
- Works alongside the Senior Director of Global Youth Programs & Partnerships to direct and deliver the WFPF’s signature internship, training and professional development programs.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of internship, fellowship, and training program planning, content, design and development; budgeting; operations and logistics; monitoring and evaluation; and student supervision, support and safety.
- Engages, trains, and coordinates key partners to create and deliver programs and placements, identifying opportunities for collaboration and cooperation to advance strategic interests.
- Oversees and manages program staff and volunteers, developing the skills and capabilities of others.
DETAILED MANAGEMENT OF WALLACE-CARVER FELLOWSHIP & BORLAUG-RUAN INTERNSHIP
The World Food Prize Foundation’s (WFPF) Youth Programs are among the most innovative and effective programs in the world today to engage, educate, and inspire students to pursue careers in STEM fields critical to food and agriculture. Building on the strength of two existing professional development programs--the USDA Wallace-Carver Fellowship and the Borlaug-Ruan International Internship--which are open to alumni of the WFPF Youth Programs, we seek to expand and improve professional opportunities with support of a full-time staff person.
The Senior Manager of Internships and Youth Impact will manage all aspects of current internship and fellowship offerings for the WFPF Youth Team, as well as coordinate aspects of programmatic expansion alongside the Senior Director of Youth Programs and Partnerships.
Key duties include:
Programmatic Management: responsible for program planning and implementation of all WFP Youth Program internship and fellowship opportunities.
- Partnership Management: Provide support to Senior Director on partnership development and relationship management through regular correspondence, and coordination day-to-day relationship management tasks.
- Management & Coordination of Student Experiences: ensure that student experience is enriching from the application process through to the completion of their professional experience. This may include travel planning and risk management as students travel abroad for experiences.
- Development of Educational Materials, Experiences, or Resources: create unique and effective content which supports and enhances the experiences of students, partners, and other stakeholders engaged in programs.
- Alumni Outreach: Engage WFPF Youth Programs alumni through various channels to maintain their connection with our programs, to elevate their achievements, and to make them aware of continued professional opportunities.
Special Event Coordination & Management:
- Plan, create and coordinate special events, including internship orientations, capstone experiences (i.e. Washington Leadership week), and other alumni-related activities that coincide with other WFPF events.
General Administrative Duties:
- Budget management of programs, including annual budget process, expense reporting, and other programmatic-level budget duties.
- Timely internal and external communication via email and other channels of communication.
- Data management and tracking of WFPF Youth Program alumni and other program-related information.
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years experience required; masters degree preferred.
- Generally 8 – 10 years experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-volume environment, prioritize activities appropriately, and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications, especially Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Cross-cultural competency and experience working with diverse groups required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills required.
- Experience working with youth programming or in organizations focused on youth empowerment, education and development preferred.
- Experience working in university study abroad or student exchange programming preferred.
- Language proficiency beyond English preferred.
- Knowledge of issues in food security, agriculture, sustainable development preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Elevate innovations and inspire action to sustainably increase the quality, quantity and availability of food for all.